Best pub to watch the match?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Simo said:

Very rarely get chance to go to the pub to watch Derby, but today is not that day! What pubs best to go watch the match, one with a good crowd?

So, a hypothetical question then, seeing as today is not one of those rare chances to watch it in a pub?

Are you thinking ahead, and making plans for the Play Off games?

4 minutes ago, Simo said:

Three replies, each trying and failing to be funny. No wonder people say this forum is gash. Cheers guys.

The Catchems near Swad is where I head for, good atmosphere, and a cracking pint of Pedi. 

8 minutes ago, Simo said:

Three replies, each trying and failing to be funny. No wonder people say this forum is gash. Cheers guys.

I feel you pain mate this forum is gash sometimes. Serious topics just get overtaken by annoying puns or even more annoying Cheryl Cole gifs. I mean grow TF up!

Anyway not sure where you are but the Square and Compass in Darley Dale has just reopened and looks nice, they'll have a telly. Failing that there's the King Billy in Ironville which I haven't been to for a while but it definitely used to have matches on.

I'm not really the best person to ask.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I feel you pain mate this forum is gash sometimes. Serious topics just get overtaken by annoying puns or even more annoying Cheryl Cole gifs. I mean grow TF up!

Anyway not sure where you are but the Square and Compass in Darley Dale has just reopened and looks nice, they'll have a telly. Failing that there's the King Billy in Ironville which I haven't been to for a while but it definitely used to have matches on.

I'm not really the best person to ask.

You're certainly not, if you're recommending the King Billy! ?

27 minutes ago, Simo said:

Try the Mushroom Arms in Toadstoolville, cuz you seem a fungai.

Who says this forum is gash?

1 hour ago, Simo said:

In my defence...

I couldn't give you a sensible answer, mainly because you worded your OP completely wrong (assuming you do actually want a recommendation for today?), and thus confusing the matter from the very beginning.

I couldn't give you a sensible answer, as if DCFC are at home, I am at the match, not in a pub.

I couldn't give you a sensible answer, as whenever faced with the dilemma of investing limited funds between beer and DCFC, I choose the latter.

I couldn't give you a sensible answer as I drink very little, and even less so in pubs, and even less so on a match day/pre-match.

I couldn't give you a sensible answer, as you didn't mention location/approach route etc.

I appreciate I could have just kept out of it and said nothing... but we're all in this together, remember!  I didn't want you to be left with the feeling that you were being ignored... and why would you leave such plans so late anyway?  It sounds like it's important to me... should have been sorted at least two days in advance!

I wish you well in your endeavours, and hope the resulting drinks lighten both your burden, and your mood.

UTfR!  

2 hours ago, Simo said:

Very rarely get chance to go to the pub to watch Derby, but today is not that day! What pubs best to go watch the match, one with a good crowd?

If you're in Derby why wouldn't you watch at Pride Park? If you're not in Derby you need to tell us where you are so a helpful forum member can recommend a good pub. 

things think GIF

Archived