We're All Rams Together

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Deserves Oscars and Baftas, this.

Really need to do some work, but keep watching these vids. First class @OwenB87!

It reminds us of the adversity we overcame in this tie. Whatever you think of the first leg penalty (was for me) everyone must agree it was wrong to overturn it for a nonexisitent foul made up by the linesman against Bogle after nine Leeds players surrounded the referee. And then to have the second Leeds goal at Elland Road stand when it was offside. We won the tie by one goal but in reality to reach Wembley we had to win it by three goals!

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Really need to do some work, but keep watching these vids. First class @OwenB87!

It reminds us of the adversity we overcame in this tie. Whatever you think of the first leg penalty (was for me) everyone must agree it was wrong to overturn it for a nonexisitent foul made up by the linesman against Bogle after nine Leeds players surrounded the referee. And then to have the second Leeds goal at Elland Road stand when it was offside. We won the tie by one goal but in reality to reach Wembley we had to win it by three goals!

Wasn't bothered by the 'offside'. It may have been his toes, but that would have been nigh on impossible to spot when the lino was on the other side. Much like Bryson's disallowed goal in the Southampton FA Cup replay.

The Leeds' 'the EFL/FA/PL hates us' reaction would have been hilarious if it had been disallowed, mind.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Wasn't bothered by the 'offside'. It may have been his toes, but that would have been nigh on impossible to spot when the lino was on the other side. Much like Bryson's disallowed goal in the Southampton FA Cup replay.

The Leeds' 'the EFL/FA/PL hates us' reaction would have been hilarious if it had been disallowed, mind.

I'd say the Bryson one is another example of us overcoming adversity. In the TV studio they argued that the VAR officials had wrongly called offside because (even if the line was straight) the tech should be using a plane rather than a line and the defender's shoulder was playing Bryson onside. Terrible call.

Just because the Leeds decision was relatively close doesn't mean it should have stood. It was clearcut. Had VAR been in use in the playoffs it would have rightly been ruled out 100 times out of 100.

Bonkers how emotional I'm getting watching these videos even days after the game! Really can't remember ever feeling so elated over a Derby game, even beating West Brom in the play-off final doesn't compare despite the fact that win secured us a promotion. Really can't put my finger on why but this meant so much more to me. I'll be gutted now if we can't beat Villa despite my best attempts to keep my feet on the ground but whatever may be, this has been a season to savour and remember.

I love the way too that so many neutrals have suddenly taken a more than passing interest in the club. It happened when Frank first came too but it's cranked up massively since the Leeds game. My FB feed has been full of it since the semi and none of them are DCFC fans. Crazy, beautiful and so bloody exciting. How I'm going to get through the next 6 days without spontaneously combusting I have no bloody idea! 

COYR

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Thanks for the kind words.

I actually had very little to do with it - mainly the find work of Sam Holmes from the RamsTV team! 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Players and fans in Covent Garden the night before the big game (which kind of makes me think these players aren't in the lineup!). Hope Will comes down tomorrow!

The two players who have taken the most stick this season. Whatever your opinion (the person reading this, not you @Carl Sagan) of them, no one can deny that they love this club. We're all rams together.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived