The Politics Thread 2019

Day

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I reiterate a successful economy will help the homeless 

You would think so yet they rose to incredibly high levels through the turn of the century.  They did decline dramatically through the tough times towards the end of the noughties, and while increasing some during the austerity of the last decade they are nowhere near what they where when the economy was healthy 

Go figure 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

You would think so yet they rose to incredibly high levels through the turn of the century.  They did decline dramatically through the tough times towards the end of the noughties, and while increasing some during the austerity of the last decade they are nowhere near what they where when the economy was healthy 

Go figure 

Go figure is that an insult. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Notice you missed out about other European Countries being worse than the UK. 

Typical Labour man saying I don’t care about the homeless and food banks. 

Of course I care I often give a few pennies to the homeless in Derby. 

Labour don’t have a divine right to care and rich people often give to charity .

I wonder how npmuch Corbyn donates. 

I reiterate a successful economy will help the homeless and food bank use. 

Labour and Corbyn would trash the economy.

Why bother posting anything if you are going to react like a defensive child when asked to explain your posts? I haven't mentioned other European states simply because you've not referenced them. How does their situation confirm a booming UK economy anyway?

And where have I said you don't care about homelessness or the use of foodbanks? You brought them into the debate implying that they did not matter. I've simply asked why? How is that inferring you don't care? It's you that's putting words in others' mouths pal, not me!

Jeez, if you can't have a civilised conversation about what you post, then why post at all?

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Why bother posting anything if you are going to react like a defensive child when asked to explain your posts? I haven't mentioned other European states simply because you've not referenced them. How does their situation confirm a booming UK economy anyway?

And where have I said you don't care about homelessness or the use of foodbanks? You brought them into the debate implying that they did not matter. I've simply asked why? How is that inferring you don't care? It's you that's putting words in others' mouths pal, not me!

Jeez, if you can't have a civilised conversation about what you post, then why post at all?

Other European countries was in the last link. 

Getting all insulting now I see. 

Labour man 

Just now, Curtains said:

Always thought go figure was an insult but it can be interpreted as a meaning of correctness.

Ill get my coat. 

Have a good evening mate. 

No, im just saying that a healthy economy doesn't always mean low homeless figures 

Just now, Curtains said:

Other European countries was in the last link. 

Getting all insulting now I see. 

Labour man 

So the bottom line is that you really have no evidence at all to back up your claims. You'd rather have a slanging match and expect everyone to take your assertions as facts. Fair enough mate! As you were. 

By the way, calling me a 'Labour man' really doesn't ruffle me. It's quite peculiar that you seem to think it might.

Just now, Curtains said:

Well some homeless prefer to be on the street .

I think that’s because they get in a rut for whatever reason .

Sad really. 

You will only get homeless or unemployment figures down to a certain number 

Some people want help, some don't 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Well some homeless prefer to be on the street .

I think that’s because they get in a rut for whatever reason .

Sad really. 

Not sure how relevant it is. Are you suggesting all homelessness is because they want to be? I presume not.

Are you suggesting that homelessness isn't an important issue because some people prefer to be on the streets? Again, I hope not.

Not sure what your point is here.

One thing I will say - it is a damning indictment on society if we need to have a booming economy to care about homelessness. Because the flip side is while we have a struggling economy, human lives are unimportant. Or, more precisely, less important than making money.

7 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

I don't believe he wants to eradicate business. He does want to nationalise some of them and milk the rest until they (likely) re-locate or go bust.

The last number I saw was an extra £83m from business taxes. Well' that was before the bizarre £50 odd billion extra for waspi women, so who knows what it is now.

It's the unintended consequences of his policies that worry me and seeing the ineptitude displayed in recent days I have no confidence that they are even in their calculations at all.

That's their funding plan - a 44 page document that shows the workings behind the 83bn.

It's all taxes - business, personal, financial transaction tax etc etc.

They've at least put something up to be shot at. Obviously it's a forecast so will be inaccurate. Well, out by 58bn for a start.

But to be absolutely fair, the workings are drawn from all sorts of published papers from various bodies. It's not just the labour party making up numbers. 

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not sure how relevant it is. Are you suggesting all homelessness is because they want to be? I presume not.

Are you suggesting that homelessness isn't an important issue because some people prefer to be on the streets? Again, I hope not.

Not sure what your point is here.

One thing I will say - it is a damning indictment on society if we need to have a booming economy to care about homelessness. Because the flip side is while we have a struggling economy, human lives are unimportant. Or, more precisely, less important than making money.

You always do this .

Of course the homeless are important. 

There are lots of reasons why  people are homeless .

Do not worry Corbyn is on the case  

Still no evidence of what Corbyn and his labour-activists-dressed-as-nhs-workers claimed today. 

What he claimed was 451 pages of proof turned out to be nothing of the sort  

Embarrassing own goal and shameful gimmickry rolled into one. 

The document that Corbyn was brandishing this morning may or may not indicate that the tories plan to sell off the NHS. What shouldn't be overlooked is the other subjects that are contained within it. 

* Drug pricing and patents. If we allow the large American drug companies to get they way. The cost of the NHS drug bill will greatly increase, no matter who owns it.

* Food safety. Not going down the rabbit hole, of chlorinated chickens

* Food labelling. A reduction on what as to be clearly shown on all packaging.

* Climate change. The USA won't discuss the reducing of greenhouse gases in any trade deal. Which would mean that if we continue complying with the Paris agreement, then UK companies would be at a disadvantage when competing with US imports.

3 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The document that Corbyn was brandishing this morning may or may not indicate that the tories plan to sell off the NHS. What shouldn't be overlooked is the other subjects that are contained within it. 

* Drug pricing and patents. If we allow the large American drug companies to get they way. The cost of the NHS drug bill will greatly increase, no matter who owns it.

* Climate change. The USA won't discuss the reducing of greenhouse gases in any trade deal. Which would mean that if we continue complying with the Paris agreement, then UK companies would be at a disadvantage when competing with US imports.

Answer this did Labour accuse the Tories over and over of not negotiating Trade deals for post Brexit .

Now they have-communicated they get lambasted for it .

The NHS is not for sale.

Corbyn is really desperate I’d say.  

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Answer this did Labour accuse the Tories over and over of not negotiating Trade deals for post Brexit .

Now they have-communicated they get lambasted for it .

The NHS is not for sale.

Corbyn is really desperate I’d say.  

They sold off your water.

They sold off your energy.

They sold off your railways.

They sold off your buses.

They sold off your oil.

They sold off your gas. 

What makes you think they'd bat an eye about selling off your NHS?

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

They sold off your oil.

They sold off your gas. 

Well don’t worry you lot are going to re nationalise everything back to state control and it will cost Billions. 

Labour began the dismantling of the NHS 

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ournhs/moment-of-honesty-is-required-new-labour-began-dismantling-of-our-nhs/P

Happy days. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

They sold off your oil.

They sold off your gas. 

You missed off gold reserves...oh no wait a minute...

15 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Yep - but some will just sneer and dismiss it. More fool them

Archived