FA YOUTH CUP Fifth Round - Pride Park - 7pm

Mr. P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant officiating tonight. Lack of respect from both teams.

Man City managed the game better than Derby, not impressed with the kamikaze tactics even at 1-0 

7 minutes ago, Matt H said:

There's celebrating and there's having absolutely no decorum or respect. Especially when one of your players has been sent off for squaring up to the referee. No class.

None of the other teams we face at academy level do it.

Apart from Derby squaring up with the opposition.....

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes with the 2nd  goal I agree

But did well against a top Premier club 

Thought they could hit us at will at times, major difference was the game management 

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Apart from Derby squaring up with the opposition.....

It's unfortunate that we've reacted to them in that manner, I'd expect better from us. 

So often in life you're punished more for your reaction to something than the thing that caused your reaction, something these players will need to learn.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes with the 2nd  goal I agree

But did well against a top Premier club 

Naive Vs a team with at least one million pound transfer fee amongst it's rank. 

Different levels, and we found ours tonight.

Still thought Sibley was the best player from either side on show, now the major trophy available to the u-18's is out of reach time to accelerate his development, and bring him into the first team squad on a more regular basis.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

They had the option to hit us on the break though. We were a bit 'ordinary' when it came to breaking down their 'parked bus'.

Don’t think it was parked at all to be honest, they kept trying to play the same way throughout, was a bizarre game to watch. Good cup tie 

Archived