Chesterfield

McRainy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We used to have a pretty good relationship with them years back, didn't we play for the Derbyshire trophy or something each pre season? 

Then they had the cup run back in 97, amazed how much they've fallen over the past two or three seasons. Being run to the ground 

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Martin Allen sacked as they drop into the National League relegation zone.

Previously finished bottom of League 2 and bottom of League 1. 

What on earth is going on there?

Heard corbyn taking over,has promised free season tickets, Premier league and fa cup winners within 7 days.

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Seem to have gone into freefall since they left Saltergate. Are the two things related?

They were doing well under Paul Cook, got them to the League One play offs, then wasn't backed, assets sold off, poor appointments, poorer signings and Dave Allen. A lot of my mates are Town fans and it's a shame how they have gone. They had some decent players Liam Cooper (Leeds), Sam Clucas (Stoke), Sam Morsy (Wigan), Gary Roberts (Wigan), Tendayi Darikwa (F*rest), Eoin Doyle (Bradford, went to Cardiff), who were all sold off then the decline started. The relationship, if you can call it that, between fans and owner is very hostile. 

13 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Didn't he nearly put Wednesday out of business at one point too?

How are these sharks allowed to get away with destroying clubs?

Yep , did exactly the same there as he is at Chesterfield. 

Gave the club a massive loan to bail them out from his "sister" company then charges the club interest. 

Drew 3-3 and the chap who scored the equaliser ended up in goals and saved a penalty in the 99th minute. They also had a bit of altercation with the opposition goal keeper and the Chesterfield fans who when they equalised ran on the pitch and battered the keeper. 

The last time I went to watch them I said never again but I might go in the international break. 

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Gritters said:

Drew 3-3 and the chap who scored the equaliser ended up in goals and saved a penalty in the 99th minute. They also had a bit of altercation with the opposition goal keeper and the Chesterfield fans who when they equalised ran on the pitch and battered the keeper. 

The last time I went to watch them I said never again but I might go in the international break. 

https://www.facebook.com/barry.r.dyke/videos/10157624011224381/

Its in this link. The fella seen attacking the keeper when he is on the floor claims the keeper attacked him and pulled him to the ground. Well I hope he did, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

A lot of Chesterfield fans claiming the keeper got what he deserved anyway because of time wasting and wagging his finger or something. Morons, if we ventured onto the pitch to attack time wasting goal keepers at PP it would be a blood bath most weeks.

Surely has to be a points deduction and/or playing behind closed doors for a few games.

Archived