What did people really expect.

Curtains

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boycie said:

People saw the performances against Manu, Chelsea, West Brom, and the other early stuff and started to get excited.

Its only natural, but I understand your stance.

Mate I went to Man U and WBA we were good but also at times In those  games we were under the cosh.  I watched Chelsea game in Tenerife and our own goals were bizarre but we played well at times. 

We are work in progress.

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate I went to Man U and WBA we were good but also at times In those  games we were under the cosh.  I watched Chelsea game in Tenerife and our own goals were bizarre but we played well at times. 

We are work in progress.

We are, and we may have room in Jan to progress some more if we can shift some players out.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We are, and we may have room in Jan to progress some more if we can shift some players out.

I agree. 

Frank is his own man with his own ideas. 

I am happy with the guy he has always had and will have a difficult job here.  

Up the Rams. 

It is the same every season.  People start off with realistic and reasonable expectations... it seems most on here thought we’d probably do well to get in the play offs, but would want to see some improvement in the style of football... most seem to recognise there would be ups and downs with a new rookie manager and a fair few new players.  All very sensible (even if we’ve had too many of these types of season lately).

A few months in and all that gets thrown out of the window.  When we lose (to a team doing very well AFAIK) it is a catastrophe, the manager, the players, the tea lady are all rubbish and want sacking.  It’s a modern football disease and it gets on my nerves.

Obviously we want to win every game and look good doing so, but that isn’t going to happen.  For some Man City are the best team the world has ever seen.  They just lost to Crystal Palace and Leicester!  Some perspective is required.  

Anybody who thinks Frank should go wants their head examining.  Yes we've been poor in the last few games, but we've still managed to pick up some points which means we are a decent side.  It was no disgrace losing to Utd yesterday, Wilder has been piecing that team together for 3 seasons, we've been patched together over 6 months.  We've lost 2 of our best defenders for the season and have the 2nd youngest (I think) squad in the division, yet we're still 6th.  Plus, the footballs improved...

For an idea of how badly his appointment could've been see how Henry is doing at Monaco.  Things could be a hell of a lot worse...

Unless fans were calling for Lampard’s head at Bramall Lane yesterday, we have just the one fan from this forum who posted that he hoped he wasn’t here next season, later apologising, and a handful on Twitter which are either sarcasm or Acca busters.

Let’s not make this fans want Lampard out a thing as it’s not. 

Unless a team is good enough for top 2 then its not really ready for promotion. The play offs create false hope that a team is good enough to go up when - the reality is ? - that any such team would get shafted in thePrem. 

We will prob end up scrapping for 6th with a few others, to get a 1 in 4 chance to go up via the lottery.

forget it. 

This season should be about rebuilding and that means young players and that means mistakes. Therefore leave bogle alone, leave tomori alone, and stop agonising over every little wobble. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

Let’s not make this fans want Lampard out a thing as it’s not

I don't want him out at all, there are many encouraging signs that he is capable of building a good side, which is not something I ever felt about Rowett. 

It is work in progress, but there are issues that need to be addressed, either with new signings or a change in approach. 

Just now, RamNut said:

This season should be about rebuilding and that means young players and that means mistakes. Therefore leave bogle alone, leave tomori alone, and stop agonising over every little wobble. 

But the problem with that theory is that bar one the better youngsters aren't ours. There could be no continuity or rebuilding.

BTW 'what did people really expect' - to be able to pass their opinions on DCFC without being pilloried for holding different to mainstream idieas.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Unless fans were calling for Lampard’s head at Bramall Lane yesterday, we have just the one fan from this forum who posted that he hoped he wasn’t here next season, later apologising, and a handful on Twitter which are either sarcasm or Acca busters.

Let’s not make this fans want Lampard out a thing as it’s not. 

No one was yesterday at the game but our vulnerabilities were their to see and to be balanced we are missing a lot of players who have proved to be very important- Davies Forsyth Lawrence Bennett 

Archived