The “Curse” come early this season?

Boycie

Our annual slump in form, I’m wondering if we are suffering a drop in performances now but will suddenly click into form in Jan like Fulham did and power into a strong finish.

It will certainly make a welcome change.

Lets hope so, I’ve talked mesen into it actually happening and feel a bit better now after our defeat to Sheffield United.

dustrecon?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a tricky run of fixtures but the last three results are no real surprise.

we lost at brammall lane last year, and drew at home v bristol and forest.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

We have a tricky run of fixtures but the last three results are no real surprise.

we lost at brammall lane last year, and drew at home v bristol and forest.

But we aren't comparing to last season . 

We are comparing to performances in October and November this year .  Comparing to the potential and ability shown in those games . 

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I don’t mean points, I mean performances by the way. We’ve seen a real drop in them lately and if that’s our only bad form in this season it’ll buck the trend and I’ll be a happy clapper.

@David stick that in yer stat machine.

AECC7640-5F4D-4AF6-961B-49DA64F9896B.gif

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Our annual slump in form, I’m wondering if we are suffering a drop in performances now but will suddenly click into form in Jan like Fulham did and power into a strong finish.

Lets hope so, I’ve talked mesen into it actually happening and feel a bit better now after our defeat to Sheffield United.

dustrecon?

I’ll settle for that even if it sounds like a load of bullshite ?

If we win at Norwich you might be on to something!

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

dustrecon?

Our form has been ok since October but our performances have been bang average since Chelsea away

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

dustrecon?

“Our annual slump in form” - this related to the regrettable “curse” we have had seemingly since Wembley.

”a drop in performances” - this relates to the current performances we have seen in recent games. Not points taken, but performances.

@David Now move them goal posts back before I start a thread on a banned subject!

The boxing day game last year was a mind numbingly boring 0-0 with hull

i thought we played well today for 45 minutes.

This season we always look liable to concede because of the way we push the full backs up, and huddz couldn't provide a hard tackle if he had cameron diaz topless on this lap.

but i'm not panicking yet. Jan, feb, march is always a grind. I don't recall too many beautiful games during the frrezing cold winter months.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

The boxing day game last year was a mind numbingly boring 0-0 with hull

i thought we played well today for 45 minutes.

This season we always look liable to concede because of the way we push the full backs up, and huddz couldn't provide a hard tackle if he had cameron diaz topless on this lap.

but i'm not panicking yet. Jan, feb, march is always a grind. I don't recall too many beautiful games during the frrezing cold winter months.

Maybe this is the year we do! Yay!

Losing football games is not a curse, all clubs lose them, they can go through runs without a win at times which can be difficult times.

Derby have lost 1 in 5 though, have a word.

We lost to a very good side on the road today, it wasn’t great, especially in the second half, the officials didn’t have a great game either and the fans reactions after the game haven’t been great either.

One would say it’s not been a great day. It’s football. They happen. 

Is this really what we have to go through every time we lose a game during this period? Curses and here we go same old Derby bottling it again?

If you really want to believe in a curse, look no further than the left back position. Olsson, Forsyth, Malone and Lowe all injured. 

I prefer to call it rotten bad luck and Frank will have to find a way to deal with that now, be it square pegs round holes, promoting Macdonald from the U23s, changing formation or bringing in a short term loan.

With the run of games with got coming up the timing couldn’t be worse. Last thing we need is to start peddling this nonsense online filling everyone’s heads with this self fulfilling prophecy.

Thats what I dustrecon. 

Just now, David said:

Losing football games is not a curse, all clubs lose them, they can go through runs without a win at times which can be difficult times.

Derby have lost 1 in 5 though, have a word.

We lost to a very good side on the road today, it wasn’t great, especially in the second half, the officials didn’t have a great game either and the fans reactions after the game haven’t been great either.

One would say it’s not been a great day. It’s football. They happen. 

Is this really what we have to go through every time we lose a game during this period? Curses and here we go same old Derby bottling it again?

If you really want to believe in a curse, look no further than the left back position. Olsson, Forsyth, Malone and Lowe all injured. 

I prefer to call it rotten bad luck and Frank will have to find a way to deal with that now, be it square pegs round holes, promoting Macdonald from the U23s, changing formation or bringing in a short term loan.

With the run of games with got coming up the timing couldn’t be worse. Last thing we need is to start peddling this nonsense online filling everyone’s heads with this self fulfilling prophecy.

Thats what I dustrecon. 

Your saying  P for points, I’m saying P for performance.

I’m saying hopefully we don’t get one after the new year as these recent Performances will hopefully be our only run of lack lustre Performances.

I’m not peddling that we are going to have another shocking second half of the season? Show me where I said we would?

My gut sense is that we've already seen the best we are likely to get out of the squad as is currently available. 

I'm basing that as much as anything on Frank's evident frustration. If he felt that we were still working towards improvements with what we have then I would expect a much more positive demeanour. 

The crunch will come when he has the opportunity to make more significant changes in the summer. 

This curse is impacting lots of clubs this year.

We've only collected a Frank-questioning 8 points from 15 during December.

Sheff Utd must be truely dire as they have only managed 7 points.

I've just put 100 quid on Pulis to be sacked after Boro have just 4 points from December, plus losing to Burton in the League Cup.

Forest are much better than us now, but have only taken 5 points from December.

Villa are the team watch these days and their squad is incredible. They also have the new manager bounce which has lead them to an incredible 8 points in the last 5.

We should never have let Gary Rowett go as his Stoke side have gone on an incredible run after playing us off the park. 8 points in the last 5 games.

There looks to be so many terrible teams towards the top of the Championship who are incapable of winning every single game. Leeds have managed it though, so I'm going to support them now.

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

This curse is impacting lots of clubs this year.

We've only collected a Frank-questioning 8 points from 15 during December.

Sheff Utd must be truely dire as they have only managed 7 points.

I've just put 100 quid on Pulis to be sacked after Boro have just 4 points from December, plus losing to Burton in the League Cup.

Forest are much better than us now, but have only taken 5 points from December.

Villa are the team watch these days and their squad is incredible. They also have the new manager bounce which has lead them to an incredible 8 points in the last 5.

We should never have let Gary Rowett go as his Stoke side have gone on an incredible run after playing us off the park. 8 points in the last 5 games.

There looks to be so many terrible teams towards the top of the Championship who are incapable of winning every single game. Leeds have managed it though, so I'm going to support them now.

Wait a minute, so you’re telling me it’s not just Derby that lose football games? ?

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I thought it was against the rules to have two accounts?  And both missed the point. ?

Sorry sorry, let me rephrase that.

Sooo you’re telling me that Derby are not the only club that’s cursed with players having slumps in form which result in points dropped but that’s not the point, the performances are the point and it’s a curse that performances slump during the festive period but we could be Fulham right, their performances got better and picked up points but that’s not the point. ?

Archived