Too many pundits

The Scarlet Pimpernel

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All trying to make a game sound like a great military manoeuvre planned by Hannibal or Alexander The Great.

It's football man. There's tactics but do you need a 5 man pundit team on your telly every night to explain the game. 

"Let's just circle Pogba here and if we just pause it.." Yeah, or don't pause and fast forward it we don't have to listen to your poo. 

100% they record themselves and watch it back.

If the kettles already boiled, the beer topped up and the bladder empty , might cast an ear to the pundits.

As I think most of them know less than me ?this is a bit half hearted. Personally I do not like lady pundits, summarisers, or commentators in the mans game. Even if they talk sense which some do!

My good lady said the other day it just seems wrong!

Funny thing with women watching women on TV, all they seem to do is comment on the lines of:

What is she wearing?

That dress is not flattering at all!

Wish she'd get that hair done.

She's showing a few wrinkles round her neck

etc etc

Afterwards they don't have a clue what was actually said! 

On 24/12/2018 at 08:31, JoetheRam said:

"There's too much of *that*, and I suggest you just shut up and show more football".

'twas ever thus.

It wasn't ever thus.  In the beginning, for those of us old enough to remember, there weren't any pundits just a presenter and the match of the day could be, and was occasionally, from outside the top division. One day an imaginative broadcaster will return to something similar. Cheaper and better. 

On 26/12/2018 at 10:39, FindernRam said:

If the kettles already boiled, the beer topped up and the bladder empty , might cast an ear to the pundits.

As I think most of them know less than me ?this is a bit half hearted. Personally I do not like lady pundits, summarisers, or commentators in the mans game. Even if they talk sense which some do!

My good lady said the other day it just seems wrong!

Funny thing with women watching women on TV, all they seem to do is comment on the lines of:

What is she wearing?

That dress is not flattering at all!

Wish she'd get that hair done.

She's showing a few wrinkles round her neck

etc etc

Afterwards they don't have a clue what was actually said! 

Not having a clue what was said has got nowt to do with women watching football, but everything to do with women watching anything, especially if there is a man watching it. The reason they don't know what was  said is because they were talking all the way through the important parts. Think of the last film you were watching, and after a deluge of meaningless words about nothing that matters at all, they will say "what's just happened?". The only time there is any let up is when the adverts start. Then it is absolute silence, unless it is one of those rare adverts which you happen to like, or if there is some really good music in the background, when the yatter continues at full volume until the music has been faded away. 

Alan Partridge said it best, when he described a women's only charity fund-raising party as being "a room full of women talking blathering crap!"

Male-only tin-hat time!

Archived