Clubs told to cut the number of players they loan out

Will the Ram

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with this is more players will trickle down the league or out of football. 

Chelsea won’t hoovering up all the talent they can, and young players won’t stop being seduced by the blue lights and pay cheque. 

To be a footballer you have to have belief in yourself, I can understand these young players believing they will be that one to break through into the first team. 

Limiting players out on loan won’t work, maximum squad sizes/registered players on the books would. 

20 U18s

20 U23s

25 First Team

Chelsea: Dear Derby, we accept your bid of £1 for Mason Mount on the condition you sell him back to us for £1 in May

Derby: Great piece of business and good luck with the season ahead

Chelsea: As we agreed, Mason Mount will now be returning to Chelsea for £1 transfer fee. 

Hello?

Derby?? 

Hellooo! 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Chelsea: Dear Derby, we accept your bid of £1 for Mason Mount on the condition you sell him back to us for £1 in May

Derby: Great piece of business and good luck with the season ahead

Chelsea: As we agreed, Mason Mount will now be returning to Chelsea for £1 transfer fee. 

Hello?

Derby?? 

Hellooo! 

Derby: £1? Mason who? Who is this? No I haven’t had an accident.

Today's "system" promotes very lazy scouting. Some child does a bit of trickery in a school game. Next thing a club signs him up. He spends several years at academies and U15, U16 U18 etc. His probability of making the big time is remote to the point of zero, but the club doesn't care. Maybe 1 in 1000 will be good enough to make the squad, but their main objective is that no-one else has him. The kid is a pawn to be discarded with all the other small fry.

I'm also not convinced about academies. Most of today's really top players are not academy products and learnt their trade kicking balls in the backstreets or dirt fields. They have a gift. 

8 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Today's "system" promotes very lazy scouting. Some child does a bit of trickery in a school game. Next thing a club signs him up. He spends several years at academies and U15, U16 U18 etc. His probability of making the big time is remote to the point of zero, but the club doesn't care. Maybe 1 in 1000 will be good enough to make the squad, but their main objective is that no-one else has him. The kid is a pawn to be discarded with all the other small fry.

I'm also not convinced about academies. Most of today's really top players are not academy products and learnt their trade kicking balls in the backstreets or dirt fields. They have a gift. 

Such as? I’m struggling to think of a single one

Archived