Curtis Davies or Tomori ?

SamUltraRam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/11/2018 at 23:39, Simsy said:

Is wisdom that bad? I just don't get the dislike. 

I’ll say it quietly, but sometimes people can’t get their head around a defender who’s not outstanding but is consistently decent. He just quietly gets his job done which isn’t a bad thing at all.  He’s not perfect, especially when he’s overrun but is a very very good option to have.

On 27/11/2018 at 10:23, McLovin said:

He hasn’t been good for over a month to be honest. Taking him out of the spotlight is probably the best solution seeing that this year is his first year in the first team.

Tomori at right back is probably the best solution at this moment of time because Wisdom isn’t very good either at right back.

He was ill on Saturday.

Tomori is better in this team than Davies. I love Curtis and I think he will prove valuable at points this season, but we lose so much as a footballing team having him there. He was phenomenal last season, playing as deep as we did and backs to the wall defending for the majority of the game really suited him. He's just not as capable as Tomori is in this system. I wouldn't start shoe horning square pegs in round holes. Get Bogle back in, Wisdom has been probably the worst player we've had this season.

Message to the few pedant spelling and grammar obsessive s on list ,, don’t waste your time on my my posts as I just think it’s knobby behaviour , it’s not big and it’s not clever ,it’s just knobby behaviour ,,,

if I ever have to write an essay for any of the few superior beings who cling to this daft ness on a football forum then I will endeavour to use spell check and get it professionally proof read before presenting it , but until then I will bang out posts quickly and without too much drama ,, I suggest you save the pendant Show off behaviour for those who may be suitably impressed or suitably chastised ,

as an aside Keogh is one of those names / words that I can write a million times and still think it doesn’t look right whether it’s spelt right or wrong ,, don’t know if that’s a mild dislexia thing or not as it wasn’t a thing in my school days

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You STILL don't know how to spell his name?

You STILL don’t know how to read a post and just agree or disagree with the opinion without the compulsion to feel and behave as if you are some kind of superior taking over ? If that’s what being a great speller of words does for you then I don’t want to be , 

give me a b4 post any day of the week 

33 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’ll say it quietly, but sometimes people can’t get their head around a defender who’s not outstanding but is consistently decent. He just quietly gets his job done which isn’t a bad thing at all.  He’s not perfect, especially when he’s overrun but is a very very good option to have.

Think you are right here! Probably about to get some backlash for what I am about to write but I think a lot of our fans have this obsession with bringing someone in from the academy 'the next Will Hughes' or whatever and they see Jayden Bogle as that guy. Truth be told if they are good enough they will always break through and for now at least I just don't see what Bogle does better then Wisdom especially defensively.

Just now, Archied said:

You STILL don’t know how to read a post and just agree or disagree with the opinion without the compulsion to feel and behave as if you are some kind of superior taking over ? If that’s what being a great speller of words does for you then I don’t want to be , 

give me a b4 post any day of the week 

Try "correcting you so you don't make the same error in future" instead. Perhaps if someone corrected you when he signed, you wouldn't be making the same mistake 6 years down the road.

22 minutes ago, Archied said:

Message to the few pedant spelling and grammar obsessive s on list ,, don’t waste your time on my my posts as I just think it’s knobby behaviour , it’s not big and it’s not clever ,it’s just knobby behaviour ,,,

if I ever have to write an essay for any of the few superior beings who cling to this daft ness on a football forum then I will endeavour to use spell check and get it professionally proof read before presenting it , but until then I will bang out posts quickly and without too much drama ,, I suggest you save the pendant Show off behaviour for those who may be suitably impressed or suitably chastised ,

as an aside Keogh is one of those names / words that I can write a million times and still think it doesn’t look right whether it’s spelt right or wrong ,, don’t know if that’s a mild dislexia thing or not as it wasn’t a thing in my school days

Edited 15 minutes ago by Archied

I's so love to know what the "Reason for edit" was!!   Ha Ha!

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Try "correcting you so you don't make the same error in future" instead. Perhaps if someone corrected you when he signed, you wouldn't be making the same mistake 6 years down the road.

You really are very sad , ive just explained to you that it’s one of those words that you can correct me , I can correct myself and we can do it till the cows come home and it still never looks right to me so the only way I can comfortably post it to your standard is if I check it every single time , I’m just not up for all that silly rigmarole on a forum about my opinions on my football club so do me a favour and stick me on ignore as I’m 100 percent sure that if you trawl posts of mine over the years you will find I spell it right and wrong probably in equal measure and I just don’t have to time or inclination to role play your fantasy of being a school teacher 

18 hours ago, Archied said:

Tomori is also up there as one of my favs so far this season ,,, with the fozzy injury and malone being much stronger attacking than he is defensively maybe it’s this game that we are ripe for three at the back  it could be very much the right formation to counter a rowett style stoke 

Carson

Davies.     Tomori.      Keough 

Bogle                                                          Malone

Hudds 

waghorn.                Mount.                Wilson

Marriott

I can see why this is sometimes proposed as a way to incorporate three talented central defenders and perhaps help us towards more cleansheets, but I don't see that it will ever happen under Lampard. As a central midfielder he's frequently said it's not possible to compete with only two players in central midfield, even when those two were him and Gerrard.

Might three at the back work if instead we had Mount and Wilson playing together as central midfielders and Marriott and Waghorn together as an attacking duo? Perhaps, but I think all our best football in the last few years has been in a 4-3-3 so I'd stick with that.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I can see why this is sometimes proposed as a way to incorporate three talented central defenders and perhaps help us towards more cleansheets, but I don't see that it will ever happen under Lampard. As a central midfielder he's frequently said it's not possible to compete with only two players in central midfield, even when those two were him and Gerrard.

Might three at the back work if instead we had Mount and Wilson playing together as central midfielders and Marriott and Waghorn together as an attacking duo? Perhaps, but I think all our best football in the last few years has been in a 4-3-3 so I'd stick with that.

I know what you mean , it’s a right bugger as Davies is solid but I just don’t want to lose tomori s qualities from the team , glad I don’t have to pick the team?

18 hours ago, Archied said:

Tomori is also up there as one of my favs so far this season ,,, with the fozzy injury and malone being much stronger attacking than he is defensively maybe it’s this game that we are ripe for three at the back  it could be very much the right formation to counter a rowett style stoke 

Carson

Davies.     Tomori      Keogh 

Bogle                                                          Malone

Hudds 

Waghorn                  Mount                       Wilson

Marriott

You seemingly want me to analyse this post so here you are...

The full backs would perfectly suit the system. They love to attack and with three CBs, we'll get exposed much less.

The CBs are a bit of a mess. You either want a 2 blockers either side of a ball playing CB, or two ball playing CBs either side of a blocker. The best setup for us would be Davies in the middle with Keogh right and Tomori on the left. 

Your midfield 'two' of Hudd and Mount would be completely overrun. With 5 at the back (attacking wing backs), you want your midfield two to sit deep. Playing Mount as an attacking mid results in no control of the game. As a result of having two deep CMs, dropping one of the forwards for an attacking mid would be likely, whilst pushing Waghorn up top with Marriott

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You seemingly want me to analyse this post so here you are...

The full backs would perfectly suit the system. They love to attack and with three CBs, we'll get exposed much less.

The CBs are a bit of a mess. You either want a 2 blockers either side of a ball playing CB, or two ball playing CBs either side of a blocker. The best setup for us would be Davies in the middle with Keogh right and Tomori on the left. 

Your midfield 'two' of Hudd and Mount would be completely overrun. With 5 at the back (attacking wing backs), you want your midfield two to sit deep. Playing Mount as an attacking mid results in no control of the game. As a result of having two deep CMs, dropping one of the forwards for an attacking mid would be likely, whilst pushing Waghorn up top with Marriott

Why thank you ,, much more productive and you come across as a much nicer bloke ,,, all of what you say regards the team I put up makes perfect sense , guess I’m being greedy and need 12 players a side because I really don’t want to lose tomori from the team as I think he is vital to our style of play in terms of his real pace and  tackling back skills that so so often pulls our asses out the fire when all looks lost and a goal certain so I suppose I’m desperately trying to shoehorn him and Davies in but as you and others point out there’s always a trade off ,,, if I’m pushed to chose then tomori and richy ?are my pairing and Davies stays on the bench until form or injury force the issue 

Archived