Sign in to follow this  
TomSaint

George Thorne-No longer the player he was

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

If these players, who know they are not going to be in FL's plans, are so unhappy and desperate to play first team football, why don't they ask to be released from their contracts and go and play in League 1 and fight their way back up to where they think they deserve to be.

I don't think they can - I think there's a free transfer window so they wouldn't be able to sign for someone new until January

@Smyth_18 and @Warren Hobhead seem to be our most ITK sources on it at the moment - Any ideas when Thorne was told he was surplus to requirements? If he has been it might explain his 'poor' performance for the u23s and if after deadline day might explain why he didn't get a summer move

(People at work are making me furious so now trying to take a calmer, more thoughtful approach on here...)

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think they can - I think there's a free transfer window so they wouldn't be able to sign for someone new until January

@Smyth_18 and @Warren Hobhead seem to be our most ITK sources on it at the moment - Any ideas when Thorne was told he was surplus to requirements? If he has been it might explain his 'poor' performance for the u23s and if after deadline day might explain why he didn't get a summer move

(People at work are making me furious so now trying to take a calmer, more thoughtful approach on here...)

All i have been told is from a mate who is currently working with him (who knows little about football in general).

Simply, he has been told to get into a position where he can be sold in January.

On 12/11/2018 at 17:24, Curtains said:

At the Lampard forum MM said other clubs need not think they are getting our players on loan on the cheap. 

In fact he seemed quite matter of fact about it  

Thats why IMO Thorne and Butterfield are stuck at Derby 

He also said that he doesn't like how FFP works. "You can sign a player for x amount of pounds and the next day he gets an injury that doesn't end his career but knocks millions off his value" (or words to that effect). George?

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Assumed if he wasn't included in the squad photo- he wouldn't have a squad number. Seems rather odd. Look at the photo again - maybe he's loan out number 34 .

That's Jonathan Mitchell 😉

With the way our injuries are multiplying of late,now's the perfect time to get George back into the squad and up to speed....whether or not he will reach his best form is debatable but even at three quarters he is still better than most.

He potentially fit like a glove into lampards system and his opportunity to show this to him may be imminent.

On 15/11/2018 at 09:17, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

With the way our injuries are multiplying of late,now's the perfect time to get George back into the squad and up to speed....whether or not he will reach his best form is debatable but even at three quarters he is still better than most.

He potentially fit like a glove into lampards system and his opportunity to show this to him may be imminent.

None of the injuries are in his position though

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.