England Test Series in Sri Lanka

MK

First Test Series without Cook, Bairstow injured, not sure who our no.1 spinner is and a lack of pre-series practise doesn't have me too confident for this one.

However, it does give us an option to try out some new players. I'm very excited to see how Burns can get on, he's been one of the Championship's best batsmen for years now. This cap has been a long time coming. I'd also hope the selectors use Bairstow's injury as a opportunity to try Foakes out. He is a fantastic glove-man and not a bad batsman either. I bet they give Buttler the gloves though, as that seems to be the England way. Picking the best WK/batsman rather than the best WK.

I think Sri Lanka have the chance to white wash us here but the rain should come to our rescue at least once so i'll go for 2-0 series loss.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England 113-5 at lunch. Kind of the performance I expected unfortunately. 

My excitement about seeing Burns bat will have to wait - he was out before I woke up. Glad Foakes has been picked though (can you tell I'm a Surrey member?)

321-8, I'll take that. Would be nice if Leach and Anderson can stick around for Foakes to make a debut century tomorrow and push it towards 350. May even get up and 4am and watch on the sofa under the duvet for an couple of hours. 

55 minutes ago, eddie said:

Happy to be retired - I record the game, have a lie-in then watch it at leisure during the day, counting Derby County flanges and playing 'spot the @sage'.

I'm at long on when they bowl from the Fort. I'm underneath a tree with the Sri Lankan Police Force.

2 hours ago, sage said:

I'm at long on when they bowl from the Fort. I'm underneath a tree with the Sri Lankan Police Force.

The Sri Lankan Police Force? I see you've adopted your default position then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived