We nicked a point

fridge

22 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Whilst not being a fan of Pulis’s style of play I have to say that he recognised what the problem was and changed his system very quickly , in the second half when you changed to by pass our midfield you looked very dangerous. Whilst it was an unfortunate own goal it was coming 

i think that over all a draw was a fair result, although if we had taken our chances in the first half we would have won.

best of luck for the rest of the season bar your trip to Pride park 

Not so sure of being dangerous, thats four home games for us not scoring except for that own goal, yes yours was an own goal too but you played like the home team, probing, shooting and generally way more comfortable than us, you more than deserved all the points.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wrightdcfc said:

Only watched the match on tv but couldn’t miss noticing that a lot of your fans were booing and getting on the teams back in the first half ?? 

The booing is aimed at Pulis, he is playing with five defenders three defensive midfielders a goal keeper leaving only Downing and Britt as offensive players, away from home I would get this but at home he deserves the criticism coming from the fans, Britt really cant play the solo striker role so everything relies on a 34 year old Downing, its not good to hear at home but thats the last four games in a row at home we have had less possession and fail to score except for that own goal.

7 minutes ago, fridge said:

The booing is aimed at Pulis, he is playing with five defenders three defensive midfielders a goal keeper leaving only Downing and Britt as offensive players, away from home I would get this but at home he deserves the criticism coming from the fans, Britt really cant play the solo striker role so everything relies on a 34 year old Downing, its not good to hear at home but thats the last four games in a row at home we have had less possession and fail to score except for that own goal.

Do you think Assombolonga will move away from Middlesbrough soon? I have always been terrified of playing against him but he looks a shadow of his former self in your current system.

16 hours ago, mozza said:

He's on a 3 year contract isn't he? at least i hope he is.  

Would be pished  off he he left us for any club other than Chelsea.Hope we have a preposterous get out fee in his contract should unwanted callers come knocking.

Hopefully if we continue to progress as a club, I can't imagine him jumping ship (unlike others)unless he feels unable to take the club further. This could be dependant on Mel, especially should we win promotion and appropriate finances aren't available to develop the team. Can't imagine Fraǹk wanting to manage a struggling premiership team with no real means of improving.

So far ,all my expectations have been exceeded . Performances,development of players,tactics and style of play,team spirit ,comarady ,Increased profile of the club and most impressive the recent results. Sure a few chairman will be taking note,Ipswich must be crying in their milk for having missed the oppurtunity.

One very content rams fan.

13 hours ago, angieram said:

Do you think Assombolonga will move away from Middlesbrough soon? I have always been terrified of playing against him but he looks a shadow of his former self in your current system.

Pulis would love to get rid and I think Britt would like to leave too, he is a good player playing in the wrong system, funny enough I said to my mate that Britt would be great in your team.

15 minutes ago, fridge said:

Pulis would love to get rid and I think Britt would like to leave too, he is a good player playing in the wrong system, funny enough I said to my mate that Britt would be great in your team.

Sorry, he's contaminated with reddogitis, it's a disgusting Nottingham disease which means he's not allowed in the Shire of Derby.

It's nice to hear an opposition fan that is knowledgeable and articulate about us, makes a change! I went to college with a Boro fan in Bolton and went to Blackburn v Boro (1989) with him on my one-and-only football match in my life watching 2 teams that weren't Derby. (Alan Kernaghan scored a hat-trick in a 4-2 win!)

On 29/10/2018 at 21:00, philmycock said:

Sorry, he's contaminated with reddogitis, it's a disgusting Nottingham disease which means he's not allowed in the Shire of Derby.

It's nice to hear an opposition fan that is knowledgeable and articulate about us, makes a change! I went to college with a Boro fan in Bolton and went to Blackburn v Boro (1989) with him on my one-and-only football match in my life watching 2 teams that weren't Derby. (Alan Kernaghan scored a hat-trick in a 4-2 win!)

Funny enough I registered for the brighton forum too, most of the guys and girl's are very accommodating but at a guess about 10% were very hostile and didnt appreciate posters from another team, I registered for yours a couple of years ago and you have all been 100% brilliant....I am also sad to say that our forum can be a right can of worms so hats of to you lot for having such a great forum, from an outsider looking in Its got to be about the best fans forum and long may that continue.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

Funny enough I registered for the brighton forum too, most of the guys and girl's are very accommodating but at a guess about 10% were very hostile and didnt appreciate posters from another team, I registered for yours a couple of years ago and you have all been 100% brilliant....I am also sad to say that our forum can be a right can of worms so hats of to you lot for having such a great forum, from an outsider looking in Its got to be about the best fans forum and long may that continue.

@David is this you...?

Remember waking up to boro in the late 70s. The days of John craggs and Frank spraggon to name a couple. And didn’t Jack Charlton play for a couple of seasons?

anyhow, one of a number of clubs I’ve never had a problem with. Good solid provincial club like us. Only went to Ayrsome Park once and never yet made it to the riverside.

welcome Fridge - were happy with our guests. Some good guys from other teams and there’s even a couple of sane Forest lads?

I think the only time I saw Derby win at Boro was when Charlie George and Kevin Hector scored at Ayresome Park! I saw Shilts play in goal for us once in a one each draw but my few visits to the Riverside have been painful affairs, sat in the main stand, watching my beloved Rams get battered!! Happy times?!

Archived