Fireworks!!!!

McRamFan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ducking love fireworks. duck you all. Love em love em love em. My favourite time of year, even better than Christmas. 

(I’m being serious, by the way, that’s not even sarcasm). 

Mans when am I supposed to do my fireworks when my kids bed time is 7pm. They’ll be going off at 18:30 in my house. Deal with it!

48 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I ducking love fireworks. duck you all. Love em love em love em. My favourite time of year, even better than Christmas. 

(I’m being serious, by the way, that’s not even sarcasm). 

Mans when am I supposed to do my fireworks when my kids bed time is 7pm. They’ll be going off at 18:30 in my house. Deal with it!

In my garden, even. Not in my house. 

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I know. And I don’t care. I just love things that go bang and whizz. I’ve been known to spend £300 on fireworks before. Totally worth it. 

Scaring the elderly and animals. Totally worth it. 

I wouldn’t have a problem with fireworks if they were saved for 2 nights of the year. 5th November and 1st January. 

The problem is, they’ve been going off since the start of October. 

I have never been a fan of fireworks, never really understood the point, but when I became a dog owner and have seen how they effect him, it makes you think more about how others are effected, not just animals but people.

The elderly, PTSD sufferers, emergency services.

It’s not just the fireworks, but you have kids banging on doors soon, these “kids” are sometimes just starting shaving. 

I’m all for banning the sale of fireworks and limiting them to public displays, the chief of Manchester Police has also made fresh calls for the ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-45917203

If not ban, take away the bang, you will still get to see your money turned into burning sulfur if that’s your thing.

If your fun impacts others lives that live around you, maybe it’s time to stop. If I’m taking the bike out early at 5am I get it out the shed the night before. The dog doesn’t go out past 9, if there’s any hint of a bark I’m out there quicker than he can say woof. 

The little things that don’t allow my fun to impact others.

I was a fan of fireworks as a kid. Because kids are notoriously susceptible to the wonders of colour, movement and loud noise. 

Nowadays I just find them tedious. They're not interesting to look at, which is their only purpose afaik, so I don't see the point in them.

9 hours ago, David said:

8514B502-1AEC-48C0-8CC5-B9BED8A19EF9.gif

Shouldn't this be in the Apple thread ? ?

I'm with @TigerTedd on this one. My kids love fireworks and we have a bonfire night party every year for them and all their mates. Everyone brings a firework, everyone leaves happy.

I get why some don't like them, but in the scheme of things there are much worse atrocities we have to face in the name of other people's selfishness - and that's every day of our lives (not just a week or so at the start of November) . Perspective and all that

13 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I get why some don't like them, but in the scheme of things there are much worse atrocities we have to face in the name of other people's selfishness - and that's every day of our lives (not just a week or so at the start of November) . Perspective and all that

So basically two fingers up to everyone that lives around you because people are selfish anyway, why not join the party and scare the living daylights out of others whilst putting a strain on the emergency services. 

You're starting to win me over with this, I might start wearing a disguise and start banging on doors in August demanding beers or I'll let the neighbours tyres down.

5 minutes ago, David said:

So basically two fingers up to everyone that lives around you because people are selfish anyway, why not join the party and scare the living daylights out of others whilst putting a strain on the emergency services. 

You're starting to win me over with this, I might start wearing a disguise and start banging on doors in August demanding beers or I'll let the neighbours tyres down.

It's a shame you didn't contribute more to the political threads when they were allowed. This is very funny ?

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

It's a shame you didn't contribute more to the political threads when they were allowed. This is very funny ?

Amusement in others suffering how nice, not for me. Again, each to their own, if that's what puts a smile on your face.

Archived