Oktoberfest 2019

admira

Planning on going next year and wondered if anyone had any accommodation tips please? A friend who’s been before suggested staying outside Munich centre as it’s much cheaper and there are plenty of buses / trains in. After any recommendations of specific hotels / apartments really. Thanks 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, admira said:

Planning on going next year and wondered if anyone had any accommodation tips please? A friend who’s been before suggested staying outside Munich centre as it’s much cheaper and there are plenty of buses / trains in. After any recommendations of specific hotels / apartments really. Thanks 

Go to Namibia instead. I’ve never been to Germany for Oktoberfest, but I have been to Namibia. It’s an old German colony, so there’s loads of German influence, to the point that traditional tribal clothing is a variant on leiderhosen since colonial times. But more importantly, loads of bierhauses. Great fun. 

I have been to the Dublin Oktoberfest a few times - the usual Erdinger and Paulaner everywhere, loads of Bratwurst and Sauerkraut - yum. Porterhouse usually bring in a load of different and unusual beers (that was the first place I ever had eisbock and rauchbier back in 2001 or 2002). I keep saying that I will go to the 'proper' Oktoberfest, but every year I find something else to do other than sitting in a tent swilling beer with hundreds of fellow alcoholics.

Just for a change, I'm thinking of going to a beer festival in Belgium in January next year, where I can sit in a tent swilling beer with hundreds of fellow alcoholics.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I have been to the Dublin Oktoberfest a few times - the usual Erdinger and Paulaner everywhere, loads of Bratwurst and Sauerkraut - yum. Porterhouse usually bring in a load of different and unusual beers (that was the first place I ever had eisbock and rauchbier back in 2001 or 2002). I keep saying that I will go to the 'proper' Oktoberfest, but every year I find something else to do other than sitting in a tent swilling beer with hundreds of fellow alcoholics.

Just for a change, I'm thinking of going to a beer festival in Belgium in January next year, where I can sit in a tent swilling beer with hundreds of fellow alcoholics.

Sounds a bit in tents for me.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Sounds a bit in tents for me.

Maybe we should have a poll for the best beer festival in a tent. Would be good to canvass forum members for their views.

Archived