Off topic

PistoldPete2

9 hours ago, David said:

So you're complaining about a couple of rules being put in place to bring peace inside a board that the only topic you have read is this one you have opened?

Since the new rules have come in the only threads I have read or contributed to are debates about the new rules. Any topical news is bound to have apolitical angle for some people, so really there's nothing of interest to discuss , at least with strangers, apart from football or cricket. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mods are benevolently helping create safe spaces for us all because we might hurt each others feelings! I am sure there was only about 20 posters who actually bothered to read and post on the sorts of threads now banned anyway. Disappointed as I did enjoy the debate over the years; good luck to everyone, I am glad we finally settled on Brexit ?.

3 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

The mods are benevolently helping create safe spaces for us all because we might hurt each others feelings!

You can sneer, but prejudiced views and behaviour do stop people from going to, and enjoying, the football. 

12 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Since the new rules have come in the only threads I have read or contributed to are debates about the new rules. Any topical news is bound to have apolitical angle for some people, so really there's nothing of interest to discuss , at least with strangers, apart from football or cricket. 

The "whoa" threads alright

10 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

You can sneer, but prejudiced views and behaviour do stop people from going to, and enjoying, the football. 

Isn’t this the kind of argument provoking subject matter we are supposed to be avoiding getting churned over again and again?

19 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

The mods are benevolently helping create safe spaces for us all because we might hurt each others feelings! 

Alternatively they may have tired of the “look how clever I am” kind of pish that ruined just about every thread in the section.

Just putting it out there. ?

I think patience is getting thin with mods having to delete obvious trolling posts regards the new guidelines.

Trolling itself is against the guidelines so I don’t want anyone to be surprised if they receive a warning point and then a ban.  I think we need to move on.

Archived