Peanuts

North East Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Excellent news. One of my 5 a day then.

Have at it!

I have a complex nut/legume allergy (allergic to some legumes, including peanuts, and some nuts, but not others) so I was forced to delve into the world of culinary misnaming of food stuffs.

Fruit is another minefield. Most things with "berry" in the name are not berries, for example.

Hate the things. Hate all nuts. Yes, all of them. My father-in-law says it's impossible and that I haven't tried all of them. There probably is one out there that I haven't tried, but of the many that I honestly have tried I hate all of them. I don't know if it's a texture thing or what, but horrible.

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Have at it!

I have a complex nut/legume allergy (allergic to some legumes, including peanuts, and some nuts, but not others) so I was forced to delve into the world of culinary misnaming of food stuffs.

Fruit is another minefield. Most things with "berry" in the name are not berries, for example.

I'm lucky. The only thing I seem to be allergic to is Forest fans.

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Excellent news. One of my 5 a day then.

Hops and barley are two of my five a day, and if I push it, yeast makes three. Of course, witbier also contains wheat and coriander, so I'm there already.

6 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

That's some weird poo right there...

They eat squirrels mate, so not that strange. 

How they get the peanuts into the bottle then back out is a wonder though.

Although to be fair, I often fantasise about Holly Willoughby sniffing coke off my nuts, so maybe it's not that weird?

1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Probably just a Southern thing here in the States, but I love pouring a pack of peanuts into a bottle of Coke.??

Then what me owd? Drink it? Eat the residue? both?

Jeez, there’s parts of Derby just getting their around the simple nut. Next thing you’ll be telling us you’ve concocted a version of garlic and bread.

Archived