Interview with Mel Morris

SaffyRam

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not overly concerned but does sound as though we are playing with fire slightly. 

Although you never know what will happen between now and the end of the season, surely you should be able to predict the worse case scenario? 

I don't think it's a case of predicting the worst case scenario- probably Lawrence and Waghorn picking up ACL injuries- more a case of not basing your transfer policy on that happening.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would assume it supports the view of @Ramleicester that we are not currently compliant and need to receive x amount of income by the relevant deadline. He suggested £2m. 

Swiss ramle estimated a £4m shortfall prior to player transactions. If all or most of the vydra money has been "recycled" then again we could still need to address a shortfall this year. 

An additional thing to bare in mind, is that FFP are not rules imposed by the league. They are a set of guidelines voted for by the clubs.

Although these guidelines are pretty clear (but complex), its more than just a tick box exercise of pass/fail.

We have to give a projection, around March I believe, on where we expect to be at the end of the season. But as part of this they will also note future numbers. We have around 9 or 10 mid to high earners out of contract this summer, (which could reduce our wage bill by 10-12m per year). So even if we were to fail this year, we may be able to demonstrate that we can get back in line quite easily, and I would expect our "punishment"/restrictions etc, wouldn't be as bad as say Birmingham's this year, who are not only over the limit, but they are quite clearly unable to show the selves being compliant any time soon. (Oh, 'arry)

That said, I do think we will be compliant this year any way so none of it should really matter.

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

I would assume it supports the view of @Ramleicester that we are not currently compliant and need to receive x amount of income by the relevant deadline. He suggested £2m. 

Swiss ramle estimated a £4m shortfall prior to player transactions. If all or most of the vydra money has been "recycled" then again we could still need to address a shortfall this year. 

Rowett £2m

Weimann  £2m

Ince £2m? 

Jamie Hanson  £?

@RamNut I do believe that the Swiss Ramble "estimated shortfall" of £4m was a worst case scenario where income from a £15m loan cancellation is excluded from the FFP calculations. So not set in stone at all.

Should loan cancellations be excluded from the FFP calculations then Forest (£40.4m loan w/off, yes £40.4m) will be up poo creek without a paddle, so not all bad.

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Rowett £2m

Weimann  £2m

Ince £2m? 

Jamie Hanson  £?

Did we really get extra money for Ince? At face value it looks as if huddersfield sold for less than they paid.

Archived