Norwich Home - Harper's Ride

NorfolkRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 12 hours to go until I set off from Norwich for the game on Wednesday. Believe me when I say I'm no cyclist. It's going to be a hell of a tough ride for us but it's all to help my little girl walk unaided so it's worth it in every way.

We've managed to hit target before we set off after a massive response from the Norwich fans. Wouldn't want them to show us up now would we eh? ?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/harperslittleriders

All the best and hope you steadily and safely reach the PPS. Delighted that you have reached your target, I've added some more for you to help others and wish your little girl all the luck in the world to make the journey and recover and walk again. This ambition will keep you going for sure (and the Rams will put on a show for you tomorrow night, or they had better!)

Thanks guys. Done the first day. Not gonna lie, it was horrendous. Wind was heavily against us the whole day which doubled our effort. By the end we were on our bums but just about got here. Not gonna lie, wind like this again tomorrow and its gonna be touch and go but we're leaving extra early to give us the best chance possible

Well guys, we made it. Sorry I didn't post more last night but with the game and feeling like utter ? I just wanted to get to bed lol. 

I just want to thank you all for all the donations and shares we got, we smashed out target and its still rising which is amazing, we still have a long way to go with the fundraising so if you want to follow Harper's progress just search Harper's Little Helpers on FB Twitter or Insta. 

The journey was hard, day one started well but when we hit Gayton and the flat lands around Kings Lynn we had about 35 miles of over 20mph winds head on which made progress really hard and dampened our spirits so day two we left extra early just in case. Day two was all about the hills. Our biggest fear was after Melton Mowbray we had a 2 mile hill (affectionately known as '*enter C word here* hill') but we made it through. After going through Zouch and Long Whatton I started to recognise places more which made me A nearly fall off a couple of times looking around but more importantly B it ease the last few miles. Fortunately as mentioned above we were ahead of schedule so we stopped for a pint, sounded great, just made the last 5-10 minutes agony! But we got there. Had an interview with Colin Gibson and then into the game. 

Not the best of games if I'm honest, cycling all that way for that, if I wasn't in so much pain I'd have been a bit annoyed tbh but a good point against a form side, on to the next one! 

Glad it's all over now and my legs ache but most of my focus is in blisters I have a region's I shouldn't have blisters. Think of the worst place, it's as painful as it sounds, I just put cream on..... I leave you with that! 

FB_IMG_1538640400665.jpg

Archived