East Anglian Rams

EastAnglianRam

51 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

NO (only use his name on here )

He was better at cricket than football , I saw him score for us with his stomach !.

He was a crap player but a really funny man BRILL sense of humour .

I THINK Colin Addison paid £150,00 for him ???

Actually, he was a darned sight worse than that.

And people on here crucify Keogh - obviously didn't see this guy play. Up there with Mick Coop and one or two others.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/07/2018 at 18:20, lagavulinram said:

Haverhill.

I live in Haverhill as well .

Do you know The Drabbet Smock Wetherspoons in Haverhill ?

Maybe we could meet up for a pint and then pop down the Woolpack to catch a match ?

On 31/07/2018 at 21:26, NorfolkRam said:

Seems we have a fair few in Norwich. Gotta get together for a sky game (this Friday if possible) I'm. In Manchester for the Leeds game. 

Any idea of what pub would be best? I've usually headed down to the woolpack on golden ball Street but happy to look at others? 

@MikeS @DcfcMatt @Norwichram2@Paese@Norfolk Pirlo

@norfolkram9 @norwich @NorwichExile @NorwichLad @norwichram 

I actually live in Yorkshire but thanks for the thought ?

On 29/07/2018 at 17:32, chipperram said:

I'll be in the Oak as usual, the landlord is now aware that his pub may be a small time gathering area for the Stowmarket region. Food is ok too. I try to get there about 45 mins early to ensure the right seats are available. If anyone else is coming to the Oak let me know and I will get a table reserved for us. Also for anyone travelling down to the Rams v Ipswich it is also a good place to stop.

Unfortunately won't be able to make it to the Oak tomorrow. Off to visit my brother in Derby/Belper this weekend and can't make the following week for the Leeds game either as it's my son's 4th birthday.

Hope to get down there in the rams corner for the make the following game though if family commitments don't get in the way.

Up the Rams!!!

The day that we have been waiting for is finally here!

I personally can't wait to see how we line up and we go about the game this evening. Everything's been positive since Frank came in so I just hope that continues and they heavy weight of media expectation is brushed aside.

To all those attending tonight, enjoy the game and the rest of us will be listening out as always for a loud Derby following.

To the rest of us East Anglian Rams who have arranged to meet around the counties - I hope that you all manage to make it and meet up and can get a bit of atmosphere building in the various pubs across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Who knows where this will lead - only time will tell.

Thanks all for the interest and support and have a good evening.

Up the Rams! 

52 minutes ago, EastAnglianRam said:

The day that we have been waiting for is finally here!

I personally can't wait to see how we line up and we go about the game this evening. Everything's been positive since Frank came in so I just hope that continues and they heavy weight of media expectation is brushed aside.

To all those attending tonight, enjoy the game and the rest of us will be listening out as always for a loud Derby following.

To the rest of us East Anglian Rams who have arranged to meet around the counties - I hope that you all manage to make it and meet up and can get a bit of atmosphere building in the various pubs across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Who knows where this will lead - only time will tell.

Thanks all for the interest and support and have a good evening.

Up the Rams! 

Looking forward to tonight mate. only a handful of us in Norwich but hopefully that will increase as time goes on!

This week's report from the Oak, 3.5 Rams turned up(1 being a tractor boy but supports the Rams as a 2nd team) Low numbers due to holidays. Trying to get the word out for increased attendance. Quiet night in town overall but worth leaving the house for.

18 hours ago, NorfolkRam said:

Was a cracking night in Norwich. Made the experience of watching the game 100x better. Can't wait for the next meet up! 

Great to hear and my thoughts also. We’re going for the same again for Leeds on Saturday. Are you meeting in the same place in Norwich and Stow?

17 hours ago, chipperram said:

I wonder if its worth doing a round robin between areas for some games, say all visit Colly one match, then to Norwich and Stow maybe. It would be great to have 10-15 in one pub at a time.

That’s a good idea. Maybe see how we do on Saturday and then the following Televised game we could trial this or perhaps arrange to meet somewhere in between? Manningtree has been suggested or Ipswich perhaps near train stations?

PLANS FOR SATURDAY - LEEDS

Hi all. After speaking to a couple of you today, it seems like Friday was a success all around which is really pleasing. I agree that it would be nice to get us local(ish) lads together in one place, and although I appreciate that we won't be able to do this for every televised fixture, we could try and get to each location that we have met up in at least once through the season which will make atmosphere better, and give us all a chance to meet before we then arrange to go to any home/away games that we may wish to travel to?

With this in mind, I have booked an area in Colchester in the Bricklayers (Bergholt road) for the coming game against Leeds from 4.30pm. Can we get the Stowmarket and Norwich guys here for this game and look to cycle it around for the next that can feasibly work? I appreciate an evening weekend game is probably easier for people to travel a bit further afield for than a midweek game where it may cause issues with work.

I will also try and co-ordinate people for the QPR game as previously mentioned for any of the local lads to meet up in en route, so Saturday would be a nice chance for anybody keen on this to meet before then coming together for this fixture.

Please let me know your thoughts and I hope we can get a decent amount together again on Saturday. We already have a couple coming from Harwich and one from Frinton, so the foundations forming of a good turnout! Up the Rams

Norwich not able to get together for Saturday due to many being at the game or away.

Will sort out for the next sky game whenever that may be. If anyone is interested in attending but isn't already involved then dm me your mobile number and I can add you to the WhatsApp. 

Cheers guys. 

Hope a few of the Stow lads can make it over still tomorrow?

All the best to those who are going. It’ll be a cracking atmosphere at PP for this one. 

Me/Steve will post up details of the next plans also so please keep an eye on here and on Twitter.

Up the Rams! ? 

Archived