East Anglian Rams

EastAnglianRam

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Stowmarket (and used to be on here as StowmarketRam until I changed my email adress and lost my password). I only get to go to the two Anglian away games with my dad who's 71. I've got 2 young children and find it difficult to find the time and money to get to games as much as I'd like.

Thanks for the replies. It is good to see that there are a few Rams in the area who have an interest.

As the first game against Reading is on sky, for anyone who cannot make the game but would like to watch with some fellow Derby fans I have booked an area at the Bricklayers pub in Colchester, Essex from 7pm (Friday 3rd Aug). The Bricklayers is the closest pub to Colchester mainline station and not far from the A12. It also has a car park for anyone wanting to drive, so I thought it would be the ideal choice and perhaps one that we could meet before going to games in the future. Perhaps for those in Stowmarket not wanting to come to Essex, The Oak as suggested could become another meeting spot?

if anyone Norfolk way would like to suggest something similar then please feel free to post on this thread.

Really pleased with the interest here and on Twitter so far. 

Up the Rams!

11 hours ago, chipperram said:

I live in Stowmarket also, have done for the last 20 years. Only really get to the games locally. Franks Tanked, not sure you are aware but the landlord of the Oak is also a Ram, generally go to watch the live games there.

Oh great. Thought I was the only one!!! I moved here (originally Wetherden) in 1991. My dads job at Atco Qualcast (now Bosch) brought us down here when I was only ten and I've remained a Ram although many a friend has tried to convert me to a tractor boy. My Baseball ground days are some of my earliest memories.

The oak sounds like it could be a meeting place, however I maybe up in Derby visiting my brother for our first game of the season which is obviously on Sky.

I have turned a mate into a Rams fan, he didn't watch football but likes to watch in the Oak, also have another mate in Ipswich from Chaddo who is a Ram. May be able to take over the TV area on the left as you walk in for live matches.

• 2 weeks later...

With now less than a week to go, I thought it a good time to remind any local Rams fans that there are now a few confirmed for our first meet up in the Bricklayers pub, Colchester for the televised game on Friday against Reading. Hope to see you there 7pm ish

On 12/07/2018 at 21:08, EastAnglianRam said:

Hi All,

I’m in the process of setting up a supporters group in the East Anglia region. The aim initially is to gather a bit of interest and see if we can get a few people along to have a drink and to go to some of the games together. Longer term it would be good to have a pool of people locally keen to travel to games and to organise transport etc, maybe socials but let’s see where it goes. If you fall into the demographic then please give us a follow on Twitter @EastRams

Once we have a first fixture organised that we will try and get a few people together for, I will put up details on here also so that anybody who can get involved can find out about it this way. I’ve no idea on the numbers locally, so it will be interesting to find out.

I hope to see some of the forum members there.

Hi EAR, I started this a few years back very briefly but never had the time to follow through eith it but met a couple of guys and there young lads from up Cromer way, we met up for Ipswich away last year and will be again for this year and Norwich away. Good to see soamy out this end ?

I'll be in the Oak as usual, the landlord is now aware that his pub may be a small time gathering area for the Stowmarket region. Food is ok too. I try to get there about 45 mins early to ensure the right seats are available. If anyone else is coming to the Oak let me know and I will get a table reserved for us. Also for anyone travelling down to the Rams v Ipswich it is also a good place to stop.

6 hours ago, harwich ram said:

Just checking train times should be ok

Great news. Hope to see you there. A few have confirmed already. It’ll be nice to get a few Rams together. The pub is nearest to Colchester main station (North) if you aren’t familiar with it - Bricklayers Arms CO4 5AA ??

1 hour ago, chipperram said:

I'll be in the Oak as usual, the landlord is now aware that his pub may be a small time gathering area for the Stowmarket region. Food is ok too. I try to get there about 45 mins early to ensure the right seats are available. If anyone else is coming to the Oak let me know and I will get a table reserved for us. Also for anyone travelling down to the Rams v Ipswich it is also a good place to stop.

Great news. Please let me know if you manage to get a few people together in Stow. Good idea on booking up. We’ve got an area booked up in Colchester also. Up the Rams!

3 hours ago, NorfolkRam said:

Where abouts in the Norwich area are you guys? I'm in Sprowston. 

I'm in Taverham. Would be great if a little (or big) group if us could meet up for a televised match.

I also usually go to the Norwich and Ipswich fixtures, would be happy to share lifts for those games.

Maybe we could even do some London based fixtures?

1 hour ago, DcfcMatt said:

I'm in Taverham. Would be great if a little (or big) group if us could meet up for a televised match.

I also usually go to the Norwich and Ipswich fixtures, would be happy to share lifts for those games.

That's cool, my brother in law lives in taverham. I'm always up for more games and pub meet ups if we can get a few together it would be awesome. 

2 hours ago, DcfcMatt said:

I’m going to also try and organise a group for the QPR game in October with the aim to meet in one of the pubs along the line to get a few people from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex together. Will keep you posted!

37 minutes ago, EastAnglianRam said:

I’m going to also try and organise a group for the QPR game in October with the aim to meet in one of the pubs along the line to get a few people from Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex together. Will keep you posted!

Sure there's nicer places to meet but worst case scenario would be meet at Liverpool St pub upstairs (Wetherspoons I think) and travel on tube from there.

We are doing Millwall on the train, be 3 of us so anyone welcome to tag along on the 18th 

Archived