Half way there?

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I read in the Daily Telegraph that the Rams were looking to get the wage bill down to £22m/season. I'm sure it was reported previously that last year our wage bill was around £34m, so £12m to hack off.

Pure guess work but I reckon with Bent, Shackell, Baird, Russell and Weimann off the roster that saves around £120k a week - or £6m/season - so half way there!

Chris Martin and Vydra will be hefty earners and look like they are next out of the door, but bearing in mind we'll have to pay the wages of any new recruits (even loan players) how many more need to go to hit the salary target? Maybe another five or six?? Maybe some out on loan again?

Mind you, reducing the wage bill by more than a third in a single summer would be quite some going.

There's also loan deals to be had. Blackman, Anya , Butterfield would be candidates IMO fora  start. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

I read in the Daily Telegraph that the Rams were looking to get the wage bill down to £22m/season. I'm sure it was reported previously that last year our wage bill was around £34m, so £12m to hack off.

Pure guess work but I reckon with Bent, Shackell, Baird, Russell and Weimann off the roster that saves around £120k a week - or £6m/season - so half way there!

Chris Martin and Vydra will be hefty earners and look like they are next out of the door, but bearing in mind we'll have to pay the wages of any new recruits (even loan players) how many more need to go to hit the salary target? Maybe another five or six?? Maybe some out on loan again?

Mind you, reducing the wage bill by more than a third in a single summer would be quite some going.

I thought £34 million was at the height of our bloated squad ... we’ve sold lee grant , albentosa, shotton, camara, Hughes, ince , Christie and so on since then. I think we will be well on the way to reducing to £22 million although that’s still a lot.

Hopefully we can get Martin off the wage bill, unbelieveable that we gave him a new improved contract. Hoping we can get Pearce, Anya and Forsyth off the wage bill as well. I will be delighted if we get them four sold or loaned out. 

10 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Hopefully we can get Martin off the wage bill, unbelieveable that we gave him a new improved contract

It wasn't unbelievable at all, in fact it was widely approved of on here.

What was unbelievable was sacking Mac 2.0 before Martin had returned to the club.

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It wasn't unbelievable at all, in fact it was widely approved of on here.

What was unbelievable was sacking Mac 2.0 before Martin had returned to the club.

And the constant writing off of a talented Derby player just because of how much he might be earning!

But that's okay cos lots of the fans want Blackman!

FLW News Hub @FLWNewsHub

Derby County fans...

Does Nick Blackman deserve a chance at your club next season? #DCFC

09:12 - 3 Jul 2018

47%Yes

53%No

Vote 173 votes • Final results

How much do we think he's on?!

On 03/07/2018 at 18:57, RoyMac5 said:

But that's okay cos lots of the fans want Blackman!

How much do we think he's on?!

I actually don't think Blackman will be earning that much. He'll be on a decent wedge, don't get me wrong, but I imagine it's less than 20k. 

Archived