Peak District

Kinder

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Do any of these places do BandB? I fancy a good night out with the missus to blow cobwebs away and cheer us up a bit. 

Recommended places from anyone please. Bar, bed, breakfast, walks etc 

54 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

Just google and phone them!

What he said. I can’t think that any of the pubs I listed do B&B, but the villages will certainly have something nearby. 

Glad you found something anyway, have a great time!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, mozza said:

Boogar it, i'll reveal location now,  Horse and Jockey, Tideswell. Love to meet any of you tomorrow night if you're in the vicinity ?

Try to get a pint in at the Three Stags Head at Wardlow Mires (check opening times). It's a nice steady walk between Litton and Cressbrook Mills too.

This thread takes me back to my childhood. I remember cycling around most of those places in the 70's. I would leave home at the crack of sparrows and return just before dark. Great memories.

I now only pop back to Derbyshire ever few weeks but usually to see my parents. I really must take a week out and travel my old haunts

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:49, TigerTedd said:

Can’t beleive no one has mentioned Matlock for a day out. That’s where you would’ve gone to gullivers kindgom. Heights of Abraham and the blue John caves as well. 

Except Blue John Caves along with Speedwell and Treak Cliff are all in Castleton

27 minutes ago, sage said:

So how was your trip?

Very nice thanks, despite all the negatives said about Matlock Bath, we still went there again this morning and thought of you and Boycie on our return home thru' Belper. Tideswell is a very nice village and the hospitality at The Horse and Jockey was second to none.

DSC_0382.thumb.JPG.a97b7a61f9f8c6c93582d2f0eec4c37b.JPG

Bar prices not bad either ?

Archived