Memorial Day

AmericanRam

Just got back from a Memorial Day event here in North Carolina and just want to say how great it was to see people of all kinds of backgrounds come together to honor those who have given their lives for us.??

Regardless of how you feel about war or perhaps just armed forces in general, I think soldiers should always be respected and admired for what they do.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Regardless of how you feel about war or perhaps just armed forces in general, I think soldiers should always be respected and admired for what they do.

Damn right mate. Too many people 'asking questions' these days. Does my head in.

Screenshot_20180528-222039.thumb.jpg.863dab34508a9dc2b6f4529aa8d460e4.jpg

1 hour ago, AmericanRam said:

Just got back from a Memorial Day event here in North Carolina and just want to say how great it was to see people of all kinds of backgrounds come together to honor those who have given their lives for us.??

Nice that they have events once per year.

Shame that for the other 364 days they pay them terribly and then deny them crucial medical support resulting in it being 10x more likely that they commit suicide than the average person.

I'm a pacifist and a raging liberal and I have no clue why the US spend more on the Military than the next 9 countries including Russia, China, UK and France combined. It's truly sickening.

However, if you have a Military then you should treat it with respect and the people who lay their lives on the line all the time.

Who cares about a coming together and honoring the day when you %$#* all over those still living who have given their service. Total hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I thought it was only our ex squaddies who were treat badly? I thought the Yanks held their guys in high regard and got some things for free?

No?

No, no and thrice, no.

My wife is a nurse navigator working in oncology and she spends half her time fighting to get approval from the VA to pay for critical medical care for ex-servicemen and women.

She mostly gets told 'no' we won't fund that.

this country talks the talk in regard to the Military, then they treat them like crap.

Let's  have a parade!

12 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

No, no and thrice, no.

My wife is a nurse navigator working in oncology and she spends half her time fighting to get approval from the VA to pay for critical medical care for ex-servicemen and women.

She mostly gets told 'no' we won't fund that.

this country talks the talk in regard to the Military, then they treat them like crap.

Let's  have a parade!

Yeah, I have a work colleague who is married to an ex USAF guy and if you ever get them onto the subject of any of the charities that look after ex-servicemen (Help For Heroes etc) they just go ballistic. The stories they tell are so deeply saddening. People who were willing to risk their lives for their country, just hung out out to dry with life-changing injuries.

There is an argument with a lot of charities that they shouldn't be needed, but those that help ex-services? It's a disgrace that they even have to exist

Maybe if the military didn’t fight to keep the elite in power then we’d all be better off. The US, in particular, is just a war machine, their economy depends on it.

Human beings are a totally expendable commodity in that system, and it’s foolish to expect anything else; not just the military, but anyone without economic value.

I have every sympathy for the personnel affected and regularly give to support them, before you all jump down my throat. 

Archived