Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

32 minutes ago, David said:

That’s why I want to keep Vydra. 28% of his shots end up in the net. That’s very good at any level, brilliant in the championship. That’s in a side last season which wasn’t exactly creative. Just imagine the damage he will do this season in a fast, creative, attacking team. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Doodle said:

That’s why I want to keep Vydra. 28% of his shots end up in the net. That’s very good at any level, brilliant in the championship. That’s in a side last season which wasn’t exactly creative. Just imagine the damage he will do this season in a fast, creative, attacking team. 

That's true, but he's only this effective when playing as a number 10, this is fact. Look at his stats when he's played as a cf. It's blindingly obvious that Lampard isn't going to play the formation that suits vydra, so why keep him?. I'd sooner have 4-5 players who'll score 8-10 goals each than one that scores 20. It's also proven that if things don't go his way, he sulks, playing him as a cf, he'll have a face like a smacked arse most of the time as it's not his natural position. Do we want that, really?.

2 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Even if he should stay, when will we see him. he has had no pre season matches, and not seen him in any training pictures.( I know, weve been told injuries ?? yeah right!!), and prob no idea of how JT wants the team to play

John Terry ? ?

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

That's true, but he's only this effective when playing as a number 10, this is fact. Look at his stats when he's played as a cf. It's blindingly obvious that Lampard isn't going to play the formation that suits vydra, so why keep him?. I'd sooner have 4-5 players who'll score 8-10 goals each than one that scores 20. It's also proven that if things don't go his way, he sulks, playing him as a cf, he'll have a face like a smacked arse most of the time as it's not his natural position. Do we want that, really?.

I think you underestimate him, and frank for that matter. He was sulking when left out of the team and I don’t blame him. He should have been the first name on the team sheet every week. If he stays I expect him to show how good he is at this level. Frank won’t play him at CF and expect him to stay there. He will interact with Wilson Lawrence, Mount and we will almost play without a CF ala Barcelona. Just fast fluid attacking football 

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think you underestimate him, and frank for that matter. He was sulking when left out of the team and I don’t blame him. He should have been the first name on the team sheet every week. If he stays I expect him to show how good he is at this level. Frank won’t play him at CF and expect him to stay there. He will interact with Wilson Lawrence, Mount and we will almost play without a CF ala Barcelona. Just fast fluid attacking football 

you could be right, but looking at his stats playing as a cf/winger isn't good. 5 goals in 33 games in his 1st season wasn't good. his season at reading also 3 in 31 and wba 3 in 23. He scores goals for fun in the 10 role but were not playing that way so whats the point in having an 11m asset sitting on the bench?

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, t'oldu said:

DT now saying they have been told Vydra has NOT failed a medical.      The two clubs are still negotiating the details of payment for the transfer . There has not as yet been a medical !!   It could also be that Vydra and Leeds are ok about personal terms ?? Would seem the buck stops elswhere....................................       Maybe apologies are due to Mr.V......

So we havent agreed a fee? All this stuff about Vyds personal terms failing a medical is balls. Looks like theres still along way to go if Leeds want to get this one over the line.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

you could be right, but looking at his stats playing as a cf/winger isn't good. 5 goals in 33 games in his 1st season wasn't good. his season at reading also 3 in 31 and wba 3 in 23. He scores goals for fun in the 10 role but were not playing that way so whats the point in having an 11m asset sitting on the bench?

If he stays i can see us playing a 3/5/2 more often than 4/3/3. Especially at home against weaker teams. He excels in this formation as we saw in the last few games of last season. Apart from the very last one when he was dropped!!! I think Frank is too clever to shoehorn him into the side as a winger or CF where as you correctly point out, he isn’t great. Him with Marriott or Jerome in front of him with Wilson, Lawrence Mount providing width, speed and more importantly, service. Will tear poor teams apart. Something we have failed to do for too long 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That’s cheap

Maybe I’m being unfair but I don’t see him as a 20 goal striker.

He had a good spell at Boro after his season with us but since then has been pretty average so maybe it’s a fair price. 

Archived