Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Well, erm, no, I just used Google.

I searched “when were Leeds big” and that was the first image that came up.

Do you mean that was the 1st colour image that came up?

16 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Are you having to go back all the way to 2001? Really?

Only 2001? My utter hatred of your foul club goes back to November 1, 1975 - a hatred ranked only second to that I hold for Juventus. By comparison, Forest don't even get close.

A move I'm not encouraging, but at the same time I don't feel absolutely gutted about it.

It's a strange one. He did really well for us, there's no reason to dislike him, he's certainly not one who would have any negativity around him should he return with another side (you would hope). But at the same time, if we're going with a 4-3-3 again, why keep him? We've in my opinion now got one of the most balanced first XIs we've had in a long, long time. Vydra's best role isn't included in that side, so we have the choice of either playing to his strengths at the detriment of the side as a whole, or shoehorn him in and see his value drop if he's less effective. It's also probably not the best business move to have an £11m-rated player on the bench.

It'll be sad to see him go, but I back the decision if he does leave. We'll be at a profit this window and we'll still look stronger on paper. Hope a few more still go out and we don't just settle for using Vydra's fee to fund our dealings.

16 minutes ago, tombomb said:

If he played upfront in lampards setup he would score. 

Lampard has decided that, for the advancement of the club, Vydra is surplus to requirements. Do I detect a little dissent in the ranks?

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Lampard has decided that, for the advancement of the club, Vydra is surplus to requirements. Do I detect a little dissent in the ranks?

No? Just sad to be losing such a great player to a championship team. I do understand the reasons though. 

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

Only 2001? My utter hatred of your foul club goes back to November 1, 1975 - a hatred ranked only second to that I hold for Juventus. By comparison, Forest don't even get close.

Only 1975?

53 minutes ago, eddie said:

You say that like it's shocking. Where's the fun in not being hated? 

Archived