Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

One common denominator in the huge sales of Kodoja McCormack and Hogan - they all went to Aston Villa in the championship and they are still there with wages that are crippling the football club - shame thier bubble burst before they could think they could afford Vydra 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

One common denominator in the huge sales of Kodoja McCormack and Hogan - they all went to Aston Villa in the championship and they are still there with wages that are crippling the football club - shame thier bubble burst before they could think they could afford Vydra 

Actually, the one common denominator in all of those, Derby were after all of them so we pushed the price up.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Actually, the one common denominator in all of those, Derby were after all of them so we pushed the price up.

Or we pushed villa to a spiral of disaster - we could slip Lansbury and whelan into the money drain as well 

1 minute ago, David said:

You would have to get Messi to turn up first, been missing for the last few weeks

We digress but his manager chose not to play / start his best forward and left one equally as good back in Argentina which is all a very Derby county thing to do from recent years experience 

39 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Because it's impossible for the reported fee to be wrong, or to only be the "initial" fee. 

Undisclosed is what it will be and undisclosed is all anyone will know. Reported fees will be conjecture. 

£11m is the minimum it will be, and I'm perfectly happy with that. Such drama queens about.

Not according to Nixon. £11m max

Just now, jimbobram said:

Firstly, that *again* is conjecture. It's what his source 'thinks' and as well connected as he may be, I doubt his source is one of the people actively negotiating.

Secondly, he's merely stating that the fee is £11m, he hasn't commented on the potential for add-ons. Simply reacted to someone saying that the FEE is £15m with "Not that high." 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Firstly, that *again* is conjecture. It's what his source 'thinks' and as well connected as he may be, I doubt his source is one of the people actively negotiating.

Secondly, he's merely stating that the fee is £11m, he hasn't commented on the potential for add-ons. Simply reacted to someone saying that the FEE is £15m with "Not that high." 

Next one. Someone put 11m total. He put yes

Just now, jimbobram said:

Next one. Someone put 11m total. He put yes

Fair enough. But I maintain that's still conjecture.

Besides, I ask the same question I asked regarding Hughes - if £11m is the total fee, and if that is so far below his value as some people seem to think, why is no other club coming in for him?

24 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Every transfer window I'm reminded just how much I hate Nixon - bloke is one of the biggest **** teaser's around leaking out his snippets of 'information' and watching the gullible fans hanging on his every word - ITK my aardvark.....

21 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Fair enough. But I maintain that's still conjecture.

Besides, I ask the same question I asked regarding Hughes - if £11m is the total fee, and if that is so far below his value as some people seem to think, why is no other club coming in for him?

I don't know why others aren't interested enough to put bids in too. I would have thought teams in the lower half of the prem would take a chance with him. Fulham, Palace, Hudds, etc.

Why shouldn't Morris take the blame though? prior to him coming in FFP wasn't an issue and our wage budget was under control.

Since then we've had to cash in on Hendrick, Hughes, Ince and now Vydra. We have one asset left in that squad and he's leaving to a fellow Championship side, that's pretty depressing if you ask me.

People act as if he's done something extraordinary, all he's actually done is blown a ton of wonga trying to get out this division and now trying his best to recoup it. Hardly a miracle worker is he? Had a shocker of a tenure so far

Archived