Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Selling him would be a disgrace 

Not if the fee is based on current market value. It seems as though the club need to generate income to support new signings Lampard might have in mind so who else in the squad is considered likely to raise circa £10-12m?.

The disgrace would be if we sell him at a knockdown fee similar to Will Hughes but there again it will depend on how many clubs are sufficiently interested to consider bidding.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not if the fee is based on current market value. It seems as though the club need to generate income to support new signings Lampard might have in mind so who else in the squad is considered likely to raise circa £10-12m?.

The disgrace would be if we sell him at a knockdown fee similar to Will Hughes but there again it will depend on how many clubs are sufficiently interested to consider bidding.

Exactly only Watford came in for Hughes .

Vydra is a lovely player but maybe a luxury for penniless Derby 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Oh right he didn’t win the golden boot then. 

Is it a disgrace to sell the golden boot winner for a decent profit when we won’t get half of that amount (let alone half of last year’s level of performance) in 12 months time?

Just now, cosmic said:

Is it a disgrace to sell the golden boot winner for a decent profit when we won’t get half of that amount (let alone half of last year’s level of performance) in 12 months time?

How do you know he wouldn’t perform this season then. 

Chris Martin may not perform either. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keep him. 

Why not. 

Yeah I gathered that by your previous post, but what about his contract? Give him a new one and go against the plan of trimming the wage bill or let it run down and risk losing him for much less or even nothing? 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Yeah I gathered that by your previous post, but what about his contract? Give him a new one and go against the plan of trimming the wage bill or let it run down and risk losing him for much less or even nothing? 

If it was me I’d give him a new contract.

He is a brilliant striker. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

If it was me I’d give him a new contract.

He is a brilliant striker. 

He certainly is, but it's such a massive gamble at a time when we're not in the best position to be able to take such risks. He's already one of our top earners and would probably become our highest with a new contract. Then if he doesn't do as well as last season in Frank's system we've got a player on huge wages and will have missed out on somewhere near £15 million for him

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

No I did .

Answer the other question then .

How do you know Vydra wouldn’t perform again this season 

We’ve seen him used in 3 different systems. The only one he was effective in was to the detriment of the rest of the team. Even the tactically stunted Rowett knew what playing him meant for the rest of our play. That’s why he was often benched. Unless we build the term around him and rely on his form (which I think would be a mistake) then he’s not going to be as effective.

I just can’t see him producing the goods again.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

He certainly is, but it's such a massive gamble at a time when we're not in the best position to be able to take such risks. He's already one of our top earners and would probably become our highest with a new contract. Then if he doesn't do as well as last season in Frank's system we've got a player on huge wages and will have missed out on somewhere near £15 million for him

I do see your point I really do but we aren’t very good at selling players are we. 

People have said we sold Hughes and Ince too cheaply so are we about to make another mistake that’s my worry. 

It’s a conundrum alright but if it was Stoke even I would unhappy that Rowett got him off us. 

Matbe I could stomach Leeds .

Oh hang on that’s dirty Leeds .

No I couldn’t stomach that either . 

Archived