Reaction after defeats

Curtains

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Of course we will have defeats, of course we will have wins and draws. That's football mate. At least it might be a little exciting next year with a manager that likes to play football.

cheer up sonny, I know your messiah has gone but let's not forget it was his choice to go. 

He's not the Messiah, he is a very naughty boy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Not really, they were far and few between, we had the results no one is arguing with you on that, however he got as much criticism for the way he delivered the positive one as the negative.

Lets face it, he didn’t get us in the PL, you amongst others benchmarked SM as failing to deliver this and told us how our great manager (GR) would deliver this, yet he has failed, not only that but he didn’t even get us to Wembley.  His time will be remembered for delivering turgid boring football, selling our best youth product for peanuts and then moving to Stoke for a few extra quid, oh and being way down the list of winning games compared to other managers.

He has gone, the future for the club is bright, look forward not backwards, and rejoice that we can look once again look forward to watching football again on a Saturday afternoon ?

Fair enough the grass I sent always greener is it. 

Mel need to get the right man and Simpson would be totally the wrong man that Ramage come up with which shows you there aren’t many good managers available out there. .

PS Has Rowett gone yet because it’s a bit weird no announcement from Stoke yet. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Fair enough the grass I sent always greener is it. 

Mel need to get the right man and Simpson would be totally the wrong man that Ramage come up with which shows you there aren’t many good managers available out there. .

PS Has Rowett gone yet because it’s a bit weird no announcement from Stoke yet. 

Only a crystal ball will tell you the right man, personally I wouldnt like to have the responsibility of employing a new manager, such a hard task.

PS maybe he has turned them down ?

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Only a crystal ball will tell you the right man, personally I wouldnt like to have the responsibility of employing a new manager, such a hard task.

PS maybe he has turned them down ?

We’re all assuming he’s gone but who knows. 

If he has the right appointment by Mel is more than crucial 

Curtains, you need to grow up a bit pal! I understand your frustrations in thinking that us mere mortals are asking for the world, but I don't think we are - I am certainly not. 

I get your point that finishing in the top six was an achievement, which it was. I, and many others, are not disputing that. I have not seen anyone say that finishing sixth wasn't good enough, therefore they are happy he is going. I have seen many people, in fact, pretty much everyone who has expressed some form of happiness at this situation, say that they would be happy to finish mid-table next season providing there is a change in club philosophy. It's all anyone is asking. 

Under McClaren, we were a possession-based team who wanted to be proactive with the ball and show intent to win the game. We always looked to play on the front foot. It's all we've known since the latter part of Clough's reign to the end of McClaren's tenure last season. Rowett openly saw that as a weakness and openly admitted to wanting to play on the counter attack, which is fine. It's his prerogative to play in any which way he wants. The thing is he can't force people to blindly follow his methodology, some people will ultimately like it more than others. I can't fault the results, but the way we set out as a team & the way we looked to play the game, I can. It's not what I want to see.

We are a Championship team, aside from Ipswich we've probably been in this division longer than anyone else. If we are going to be a Championship team, I would rather watch a team playing with intent than one who is constantly looking to knock the ball over the top of the opposition defence for our attacking players to stretch the team. We scored goals using this approach, in fact we've scored quite a lot of goals using this approach, but I want to see Derby on the ball and forcing the issue. I don't think I've seen us do that consistently this season in any game.

Some people are acting like it’s Brian Clough leaving again. It’s Gary ******* Rowett. This season will be forgotten within 10 years, it was uneventful “meh” football and an uninspiring playoffs campaign that everyone who isn’t overly optimistic knew would be a failure.

17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Curtains, you need to grow up a bit pal! I understand your frustrations in thinking that us mere mortals are asking for the world, but I don't think we are - I am certainly not. 

I get your point that finishing in the top six was an achievement, which it was. I, and many others, are not disputing that. I have not seen anyone say that finishing sixth wasn't good enough, therefore they are happy he is going. I have seen many people, in fact, pretty much everyone who has expressed some form of happiness at this situation, say that they would be happy to finish mid-table next season providing there is a change in club philosophy. It's all anyone is asking. 

Under McClaren, we were a possession-based team who wanted to be proactive with the ball and show intent to win the game. We always looked to play on the front foot. It's all we've known since the latter part of Clough's reign to the end of McClaren's tenure last season. Rowett openly saw that as a weakness and openly admitted to wanting to play on the counter attack, which is fine. It's his prerogative to play in any which way he wants. The thing is he can't force people to blindly follow his methodology, some people will ultimately like it more than others. I can't fault the results, but the way we set out as a team & the way we looked to play the game, I can. It's not what I want to see.

We are a Championship team, aside from Ipswich we've probably been in this division longer than anyone else. If we are going to be a Championship team, I would rather watch a team playing with intent than one who is constantly looking to knock the ball over the top of the opposition defence for our attacking players to stretch the team. We scored goals using this approach, in fact we've scored quite a lot of goals using this approach, but I want to see Derby on the ball and forcing the issue. I don't think I've seen us do that consistently this season in any game.

Just on that because I want to answer a good post by you. 

There is no magic wand and the players have to be good enough to buy into that style of football .

It will be interesting to see who we get as manager and whether they can achieve your aims. 

I see a lot of upheaval to get there. 

18 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Some people are acting like it’s Brian Clough leaving again. It’s Gary ******* Rowett. This season will be forgotten within 10 years, it was uneventful “meh” football and an uninspiring playoffs campaign that everyone who isn’t overly optimistic knew would be a failure.

10 years?

10 weeks at best. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Just on that because I want to answer a good post by you. 

There is no magic wand and the players have to be good enough to buy into that style of football .

It will be interesting to see who we get as manager and whether they can achieve your aims. 

I see a lot of upheaval to get there. 

The point I made is that the players were playing that style of football before, so no reason to why they would struggle to do it again. Jerome & Davies are the only two I would have concerns over, but Davies is a good enough defender to negate that issue. Jerome would struggle, though, I'm sure. 

Plus, the point is that if a manager comes in and shows intent but the players aren't good enough then it shouldn't be a case to change the way we play. It should be a case to educate, coach & rebuild where and when possible until it is. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The point I made is that the players were playing that style of football before, so no reason to why they would struggle to do it again. Jerome & Davies are the only two I would have concerns over, but Davies is a good enough defender to negate that issue. Jerome would struggle, though, I'm sure. 

Plus, the point is that if a manager comes in and shows intent but the players aren't good enough then it shouldn't be a case to change the way we play. It should be a case to educate, coach & rebuild where and when possible until it is. 

Huddlestone at centre-half, George holding 

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think Davies would be more than fine. He's comfortable enough on the ball (particularly for a championship defender) that I wouldn't be worried about playing out from the back and he's quick enough for us to play a higher line. 

12 minutes ago, cannable said:

Meh, it was only the true speedsters that roasted Bucko

That's true but Buxton was a defender by trade.

Don't get me wrong I'm not completely opposed to the idea, id just have concerns about it.

Archived