We need promotion this season or next or !!!

SamUltraRam

Checked our historical records & if we don't get promoted this season or next, this will be the first complete decade in our history that we haven't played in the top league in English football.

We came close in the 60's when a certain Mr Clough got us up in 1969 so we managed 1 season up there.

The 50's, when we ended up in Div 3 North, we still managed the first 4 seasons in the top flight.

Even in the 80's when we went down to Div 3 for 2 seasons, Arthur Cox got us back up there for the last 3 seasons of the decade.

It will be shame for the legacy of Mel Morris if we don't do it.

Come on Derby

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Not quite I think.

The worst was possibly 1953 to 1969 was in Div 2 and 3 (North).

Then this current trudge is fairly up there though!

Yep you’re right just looked it up. We’re getting a little bit too close for my liking to it being that long though! Incredible when you think about it, given clubs like Bournemouth have gone right down and nearly gone bankrupt and still made the prem before us! It’s almost impressive how we manage it?

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yep you’re right just looked it up. We’re getting a little bit too close for my liking to it being that long though! Incredible when you think about it, given clubs like Bournemouth have gone right down and nearly gone bankrupt and still made the prem before us! It’s almost impressive how we manage it?

Hard to believe when we were in that spell with TBE that this prolonged lean spell would follow. 

Even those scary depths of the early 80s were quickly eclipsed by great times with Arthur.

It’ll come back but I think these days it harder. You mention Bournemouth and there’s a few of those about. Fair play to them mind. There’s nowt worse than those fans who put down the so called smaller clubs. If you’re under 25 then Derby mean nothing to little in modern day football. 

That said, if you’re alive then notts mean nowt. Full stop 

3 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Checked our historical records & if we don't get promoted this season or next, this will be the first complete decade in our history that we haven't played in the top league in English football.

We came close in the 60's when a certain Mr Clough got us up in 1969 so we managed 1 season up there.

The 50's, when we ended up in Div 3 North, we still managed the first 4 seasons in the top flight.

Even in the 80's when we went down to Div 3 for 2 seasons, Arthur Cox got us back up there for the last 3 seasons of the decade.

It will be shame for the legacy of Mel Morris if we don't do it.

Come on Derby

I think we are just going to have to get used to championship football. If we were promoted this season we would probably be straight back down. Would it be worth it, just to avoid another miserable statistic? 

4 minutes ago, europia said:

I think we are just going to have to get used to championship football. If we were promoted this season we would probably be straight back down. Would it be worth it, just to avoid another miserable statistic? 

Yes it would

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Always aim to go up.

Think of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Swansea, Barnsley etc etc

PistoldPete2

We haven't been any good this millennium. Even the three years out of the last 18 when we were in the Prem we were ****. We are long overdue for a proper resurgence.

Archived