NFL 2018 Season

r4derby

Coaching change madness, Black Monday indeed. Can’t argue with most of the decisions, possibly Gase unlucky in Miami but they opitimise 8-8 mediocrity. Mayock going to the Raiders to be GM is surprising, although shouldn’t be with Gruden as HC and running things there. I liked Mayock on draft day, will miss him and his insight

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Zimmer & GM Rick Spielman under a bit of pressure in Minnesota. Not a big surprise, making the play offs was the least that was expected this season.

i think they will get another year, but they have got to sort that O line out, with a QB like Cousins you have to give him time, and if you want to run the ball like we do you have to be able to create gaps. Our current O line has been nicknamed the turnstiles, which is all you need to know. Anything other than offensive linemen on the first couple of draft picks and Vikings fans won’t be happy.

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Mike Zimmer & GM Rick Spielman under a bit of pressure in Minnesota. Not a big surprise, making the play offs was the least that was expected this season.

i think they will get another year, but they have got to sort that O line out, with a QB like Cousins you have to give him time, and if you want to run the ball like we do you have to be able to create gaps. Our current O line has been nicknamed the turnstiles, which is all you need to know. Anything other than offensive linemen on the first couple of draft picks and Vikings fans won’t be happy.

Just as the game was getting going between the Vikings and Dallas one camera was trained on John DeFillipo on the sideline. At that point one of the commentators said something like, 'DeFillipo is thought highly off and there could be teams interested in him as their new HC at the end of the year'

Well either that or he'll be fired in under 24-hours and won't even have a coordinators job!

I was talking with a buddy over here yesterday and he was predicting the Bears blowing out the Eagles with or without Foles.

I can understand why Rams fans struggle with what I'm about to say because we saw him play for our team, but I'm struggling to get my head around how little respect Foles gets, even in Philly!

Yes, the people in Philly love the guy, but almost every time I hear people talk about him they kick off by saying what a great and humble man he is, not what an incredible job he did last year as a QB.

People frequently lead with what a great guy is, a family man and super humble. That's not how you kick off the conversation of a QB you actually think can play football.

Like most people last year I thought the Eagles would crash and burn when Wentz went down against the Rams. But even without 2 of his best players on the Oline, all Foles did was kept on winning games.

And he wasn't winning with a run, run, pass, punt approach and hoping to let the D win it, he was airing it out!

He went toe-toe with Brady in the Super Bowl (which is like a home game for Brady) and beat him in a game with the highest amount of offense ever seen.

Yes, when he played for the Rams he looked like a journeyman career back up as did Case Keenum who even though he's not a top 20 QB,, is better than he looked playing for LA.

But Fisher had Goff looking like an utter bust, so maybe it wasn't Foles who sucked but the apparatus around him.

Foles has come in and beat a very good Rams team on the road and then the Skins very handily. The Eagles haven't skipped a beat.

I'm not saying that I think Foles is a great QB, I'm still very conflicted, but I am saying that it's difficult to say he isn't on current form, and it's flat out dumb to underrate the guy.

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Just as the game was getting going between the Vikings and Dallas one camera was trained on John DeFillipo on the sideline. At that point one of the commentators said something like, 'DeFillipo is thought highly off and there could be teams interested in him as their new HC at the end of the year'

Well either that or he'll be fired in under 24-hours and won't even have a coordinators job!

He was the complete wrong guy for the Vikings. Since he got fired it’s come out that Zimmer never wanted him, but it was owner & GM pushing to have the young  new thinking guy. Trouble was, he was a complete opposite to Zimmer and what he wanted from an OC, so it was always doomed to fail.

On 31/12/2018 at 06:42, David said:

Baker Mayfield will rise to the occasion 

On 31/12/2018 at 06:46, jimbo jones said:

If he does do, against that defence. Then he really is the real deal.

He did...and he is...and I had a bad feeling about the game to be honest..

But now that we're through I can see us getting to the Championship game..

Go Wavens!!!

On 31/12/2018 at 23:58, Ambitious said:

Next weeks games should be very good. It will be interesting to see how a resurgent Eagles stand against the Bears. I'm hopeful that they can keep it going as I don't want the Rams playing the Bears again. I would rather take Cowboys or Seahawks. I can't split that game at all. 

In the AFC, Colts and Texans should be a great game, two sides that have turned their season on its head in a big way to get there in the first place. The only one I would be confident in predicting is the Chargers to beat the Ravens at home. 

I'll go for the following: Bears, Seahawks, Chargers & Colts. 

I'll be stunned if we don't do another job on the Chargers TBH.

That aside, agree with your predictions with the biggest worry being that the Colts might've spent all their chips getting to the playoffs...and I can't see that happening. 

Loving the lack of respect the Ravens getting in this thread.

Playoff Ravens have always been a different breed... and this is the first time we've ever gone in with a top 10 offence alongside our number 1 defense.

40 minutes ago, Srg said:

Playoff Ravens have always been a different breed... and this is the first time we've ever gone in with a top 10 offence alongside our number 1 defense.

I picked you to win. Chargers will buckle under the massive physical pressure they’ll be put under by the Ravens on both sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I picked you to win. Chargers will buckle under the massive physical pressure they’ll be put under by the Ravens on both sides of the ball.

Only thing giving me cause for pause is that we only played the Chargers a couple of weeks ago, so they should be prepared.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

There’s not a lack of respect, just a lack of regular conversation. Over the season people have either talked about their team or larger league wide developments.

FWIW I think the Ravens are well placed to go deep into the playoffs, but anything can happen. The Chiefs have gone off the boil slightly, and we all know the Patriots come alive at this time of year.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Chargers will smash the Ravens as long as they don't have the officials on their side again ruling out touchdowns.

Must have missed the holding call for the Llama's TD.

You're just sour because the week you decided to become a Steeler, your former team the Texans got in the playoffs and the Steelers missed out and are currently imploding.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Must have missed the holding call for the Llama's TD.

You're just sour because the week you decided to become a Steeler, your former team the Texans got in the playoffs and the Steelers missed out and are currently imploding.

Give me a week and I'll curse the Ravens if you want?

14 hours ago, Srg said:

I shouldn't worry about this thread mate I have now seen 2 power rankings over here that have them at #1.

18 hours ago, r4derby said:

There’s not a lack of respect, just a lack of regular conversation. Over the season people have either talked about their team or larger league wide developments.

FWIW I think the Ravens are well placed to go deep into the playoffs, but anything can happen. The Chiefs have gone off the boil slightly, and we all know the Patriots come alive at this time of year.

I wouldn't be greatly surprised if the AFC Championship game is in Baltimore.

I think the Colts and us will win this week and then both pull off upsets in week two. Unfortunately, I've little doubt that the Pats will be harder to knock over than KC.

But I think we've got the huge mental advantage over the Carson Chargers (although they're probably as relieved as everyone else that they're not hosting a playoff ?) after the crunch win a fortnight ago; and I think our Defence can really knock Brady around TBH.

2 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I wouldn't be greatly surprised if the AFC Championship game is in Baltimore.

I think the Colts and us will win this week and then both pull off upsets in week two. Unfortunately, I've little doubt that the Pats will be harder to knock over than KC.

But I think we've got the huge mental advantage over the Carson Chargers (although they're probably as relieved as everyone else that they're not hosting a playoff ?) after the crunch win a fortnight ago; and I think our Defence can really knock Brady around TBH.

Would be good to see a Ravens/Colts championship game, could definitely happen....but you do sort of expect the Patriots to somehow make it.

I’ll put my picks down as well then...

Colts beat the Texans

Ravens beat the Chargers

Eagles beat the Bears

Cowboys beat the Seahawks

Colts beat th Chiefs

Patriots beat the Ravens

Saints beat the Eagles

Rams beat the Cowboys

Colts beat the Patriots

Saints beat the Rams

Saints winnthe super bowl