Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Whilst i'm at it. Matlock Bath case in point.

I'm only 15 minutes away and when I first moved down here I used to go all the time. Now from the Mining museum at the top to the car park / rail station at the bottom it's just one long row of fish and chip shops / cafes / ice cream parlours. There must be well over 10 chippies within a half mile radius.

There's nothing there worth going for anymore unless you want to eat.

Fishpond has good bands on though sometimes. ;)

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

or faulty bone structure.............;)

It's not just fast food though. It's also the rows and rows and aisles and aisles of complete ***** that fill our supermarket shelves in the name of convenience and feeding the masses.

The likelihood is that if comes in a box or a packet then it's likely to be full of ***** too. Sugar, salt and fat. I'm a trolley voyeur. I look at what some parents are putting in their trolleys and just about give up on the human race.

Heard one mum chatting to someone about 'flavoured water' and saying how it's a godsend as her little un doesn't like the taste of 'normal' water. FFS! It's water. First of all it's tasteless and secondly flavoured water is just so full of chemical rubbish that you may as well let the kid drink a bottle of WD40!

Don't get me started on 'fruit shoots'. What makes me laugh is that manufacturers love to put on the bottle things like 'made with REAL fruit juice', well that's a fookin' relief. Until you find out it's 0.01% and made from concentrate. Then they highlight 'no artificial colours or preservatives' but don't flag up the benzoates, aspartame or acesulfame k and then you form a picture that perhaps these companies are indulging in some kind of chemical warfare with our kids.

You go to a kids playcentre, swimming baths café or anywhere that caters for kids and if you can find a food source that isn't fried, processed or in a packet then i'll go and support Forest. (although the last bit is negotiable, maybe Notts County then :ph34r:).

It's partly food companies / manufacturers and partly parents. Parents either having absolutely no interest in nor care what they or their kids are eating or parents who just read something on a label and believe it no questions asked. Food companies are just out to make money and so long as people keep buying their ***** then they have no incentive or reason to improve their product or make it healthier.

Like Paul says it's about moderation. A can of coke here and there isn't likely to put you in hospital and treats are a rewarding aspect of life but if you are eating and drinking all this stuff day in day out then it's a timebomb.

I'm not preaching here, anybody can eat whatever they want. It's a free country. Just my opinion on tiny aspects of the 'obese' debate.

'Treats' that are things you eat are a problem. I hear parents saying 'be quiet or no chocolate' or 'sit still and you can have an ice cream'. We were all brought up like that I suppose but its not a good thing. 

49 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

'Treats' that are things you eat are a problem. I hear parents saying 'be quiet or no chocolate' or 'sit still and you can have an ice cream'. We were all brought up like that I suppose but its not a good thing. 

For me it "if your naughty theres no ice-cream" there was little chance of getting one anyway, but i never took the risk.

Mates who borrow money but don't pay it back.

A work colleague and good mate (?) owes me over £300 for the Amsterdam weekend that 6 of us had a few weeks back.

He's always going to pay me back but never actually does. I feel bad reminding him when I do, because he doesn't have my disposable income - I can afford to write it off but I surely shouldn't have to.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Ahh know the feeling mate, learn your lesson and don't do it again. 

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

What might be unimportant to one person might be vitally important to another so what is important or not is purely subjective. 

Mate it just doesn't ******* matter

5 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

or faulty bone structure.............;)

It's not just fast food though. It's also the rows and rows and aisles and aisles of complete ***** that fill our supermarket shelves in the name of convenience and feeding the masses.

The likelihood is that if comes in a box or a packet then it's likely to be full of ***** too. Sugar, salt and fat. I'm a trolley voyeur. I look at what some parents are putting in their trolleys and just about give up on the human race.

Heard one mum chatting to someone about 'flavoured water' and saying how it's a godsend as her little un doesn't like the taste of 'normal' water. FFS! It's water. First of all it's tasteless and secondly flavoured water is just so full of chemical rubbish that you may as well let the kid drink a bottle of WD40!

Don't get me started on 'fruit shoots'. What makes me laugh is that manufacturers love to put on the bottle things like 'made with REAL fruit juice', well that's a fookin' relief. Until you find out it's 0.01% and made from concentrate. Then they highlight 'no artificial colours or preservatives' but don't flag up the benzoates, aspartame or acesulfame k and then you form a picture that perhaps these companies are indulging in some kind of chemical warfare with our kids.

You go to a kids playcentre, swimming baths café or anywhere that caters for kids and if you can find a food source that isn't fried, processed or in a packet then i'll go and support Forest. (although the last bit is negotiable, maybe Notts County then :ph34r:).

It's partly food companies / manufacturers and partly parents. Parents either having absolutely no interest in nor care what they or their kids are eating or parents who just read something on a label and believe it no questions asked. Food companies are just out to make money and so long as people keep buying their ***** then they have no incentive or reason to improve their product or make it healthier.

Like Paul says it's about moderation. A can of coke here and there isn't likely to put you in hospital and treats are a rewarding aspect of life but if you are eating and drinking all this stuff day in day out then it's a timebomb.

I'm not preaching here, anybody can eat whatever they want. It's a free country. Just my opinion on tiny aspects of the 'obese' debate.

Isn't much (most) of the problem lazy parenting. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Are you referring to my whinge?

No, wasn't aimed at anyone. 

I just spend a lot of time feeling like everyone's priorities are heavily mixed up. 

He should pay you back though, although I'd just write it off myself he would go on the list. No-one wants to go on the list. 

Sith Happens
52 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

A work colleague and good mate (?) owes me over £300 for the Amsterdam weekend that 6 of us had a few weeks back.

He's always going to pay me back but never actually does. I feel bad reminding him when I do, because he doesn't have my disposable income - I can afford to write it off but I surely shouldn't have to.

With you, its totally rude and disrespectful. I had the same situation along time ago, it was only £50 but i was only 19 at the time, this was 1990 so £50 was a lot of money to me then. He was always going to pay me back 'next week', i never got it, needless to say for that reason and a few others are friendship slowly declined and havent seen him for along time now.

He isnt a very good friend.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

You shouldn't feel bad - you'd have felt a lot worse if you hadn't helped him out. The dilemma will come when he next wants a loan and he hasn't paid this one back!