Hopes and Fears

Carl Sagan

Hopes and Fears  

210 members have voted

1. 1. If we do make it on Sunday, who do you want in the playoffs?

• Cardiff, to rub Colin's nose in it one more time after they miss out at the death
    • Fulham, who bested us in the regular campaign, but who will be demoralised when their fine run proves not quite enough
    • Villa, because our most recent two-legged playoff against a Steve Bruce team went so well

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/05/18 at 11:29

Cardiff on paper, we rattled them last time we played them and they didn't find any response unlike Villa who will know they can tire us and pen us in.

Also the chance of them being dejected enough from having to go through the playoffs id the best chance to give us a couple of goal cushion in the first leg.

My analysis of Warnock from his book is that everything is planned to the letter during the week so throwing a selection curveball seems a good way of unsettling them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My fear is we get past Barnsley unconvincingly, then put in a really promising first leg performance taking a one goal lead to the second leg...

...and set up with 9 defenders....

I’ll take if we win the two legs ! - play offs are a four team shoot out - just win 

14 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It is hope rather than expectation for the playoffs. However, the only time we won the playoffs was when we weren’t fancied!! Every time we were favourites we messed up!! 

I wonder how often the favourites have actually won it. 

On the eve of the big match and in honour of @curtainsunexpected burst of Celine Dion, I'll go with the song from another superhero movie, Daredevil.

My hope is that this team will finally wake up, roused from our lethargy and slumber, brought back to life and back to the boil by the intensity of the hour. Spurred on by a near full house at Pride Park we will seize our destiny, winning the first of what will prove four cup finals, saving ourselves from the nothing we seem to have become.

Come back to life, Derby! And let's dare to dream.

Archived