Sunderland sack Coleman

Kernow

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

I know at least one person who would be keen on that job.

Irrespective of where they are financially they'll be a massive pill at that level.

There is a rumour tom naylor may go there to double his salary. Dropping down a division and doubling his money, that's how big they are.

One season of pain to buy out contracts of all the wage thieves, buy the best of league one and they'll be back whoever is in charge. They don't need to pay fees. Wages and playing in front of 30,000 will be a huge pull.

I know the fans are anti club but any sniff of a top two push and they'll be back in their droves.

Massive club. Massive job that a lot of managers would struggle to turn down.

Depends on the new owners a lot - at a guess the new owners took it as a potential PL club at a knock down and will fund a few seasons getting back up. They'll be able to get a good manager by lower league standings and recruit good L1 and a few championship players. The sticking point is surely going to be getting rid of high earning damaged goods - would you be keen to sign any of the scunderland players who've pulled their finger out against Derby but no one else all year? I know Nigel Clough wouldn't consider them the right character of player for any team he's involved with.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilder is 1/3 favourite for the job right now. If he’s willing to leave the club he supports, and drop down a league after getting Sheff Utd close to the top six, then Sunderland’s new owners must be willing to spend to get them back to the PL asap.

• 1 month later...
On 29/04/2018 at 18:09, ronnieronalde said:

I know at least one person who would be keen on that job.

Irrespective of where they are financially they'll be a massive pill at that level.

There is a rumour tom naylor may go there to double his salary. Dropping down a division and doubling his money, that's how big they are.

One season of pain to buy out contracts of all the wage thieves, buy the best of league one and they'll be back whoever is in charge. They don't need to pay fees. Wages and playing in front of 30,000 will be a huge pull.

I know the fans are anti club but any sniff of a top two push and they'll be back in their droves.

Massive club. Massive job that a lot of managers would struggle to turn down.

As a kid, in the boys' pen at BBG, I saw his  Dad turn out for Sunderland. Their fans behind me made a din all game - tremendous support, and their fans deserve much better. That could be a massive Club if anyone got it right ( and I'd fancy Nigel). The only trouble is that it's probably a difficult area to attract top players to in this day and age, not a reflection of my own feelings about the area ( didn't particularly like a short stay in 'Boro though). You should tell us about the ' Hartlepool Monkey', Ronnie. Just like reruns of BlackAdder/ Last of The Summer Wine etc, it still brings a smile to my face.

Archived