Price Of Football .. DCFC

rsmini

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I don’t understand?

Maybe it's about time utch came up with one of his masterpieces. I used to really enjoy those.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boycie said:

Oh please don’t start him off Ramblur.

Utchie , Utchie give us a rhyme,

Utchie, give us a rhyme.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Mel has invested over £100 million......Wow

If you include acquisition costs, it's well over that. ( and I bet there'll be more to follow to cover this year and next, unless we go up, but that would only knock next year out) . Even if we were to go up, I'm guessing Mel would still be facing the same problems the LOG faced in that the payments will probably come in 3 tranches, with the final one being higher than the first 2, as it would include payments for League position and actual TV appearances.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well @uttoxram75 isn’t too bad a poet I suppose.

They didn’t call him the Stokie Shakespeare for nowt you know.

Watch him deny it.

Don't think he'd like the 'Stokie' bit - are you giving him a prod there?

1 hour ago, bigbadbob said:

And don't you go trying to steal ramblurs thunder again. He doesn't like it

I don't like April showers.

10 hours ago, The Baron said:

Thanks for the kind words chaps. Peace, love and light.

Don't know if you saw my comments as a personal attack, as another posted stated.

I just found your article quite provoactive and some of the 'accusations' without substance.

Not sure if you are a Derby fan or not but I would say our current owners are the most transparent (other than transfer fees) that we have ever had, I therefore am not really sure what your article is getting at.

1 hour ago, The Baron said:

Always appreciate feedback, best way for an amateur like me is to learn from the professionals. 

Peace, love and light. 

Right, I'll try and clarify things in a more friendly manner. Financial Regs grant any small company exemption from producing CSI. It's something Accountants would deal with, not lawyers. To be fair to Mel, when FRS 102 kicked in (15/16), a lot of clubs took advantage of exemptions granted to larger companies that he didn't. A note that detailed changes in net debt over the year disappeared, but this was no great loss. Our only club debt now is £3m, and it would be easy enough to see whether that is cleared by looking at either the Cash Flow statement or creditors, so imo this note was now pretty pointless. The only other thing of significance to go was a note that converted the operating profit/loss into a cash surplus/deficit, but this note effectively became the opening salvo of the cash flow statement (whereas before ,the last line of the note became the first line of the Cash Flow Statement). A complete CSI remained in place. Mel also allowed our FFP losses for both 14/15 and 15/16 to be stated - how many clubs do you know that have done that?

I'm not sure that the whole £16.6m would become payable if we reached the Prem. Some of the 'achievements' part of it could relate to player appearances, which may or may not become fulfilled.

Now onto attendances/ticket prices. To be fair to Mel, he hadn't been aware of the manipulation of attendance figures, but as soon as he discovered same, he immediately set things right. Your price increases spanned 5 years, but I'm fairly confident that there've been no increases under Mel. The previous administration may have introduced an element of across the board increases, but they also devised an ingenious 'stealth tax' called recategorisation. I think I'm right in saying that prices were based on categories, but they developed a taste for recategorising certain sections each year, which meant some paid more, whilst others didn't. This had the advantage of basically setting fan against fan. Those not facing increases were happy (but it could be their turn next), whilst those facing increases were unhappy. There's a certain (unknown) section of fans that should be very grateful for Mel's arrival, because without it, they would have no doubt been next to feel the chill wind of recategorisation.

I'm a bit confused by your £23.2m figure for player sales - is this the value you've calculated for sale proceeds, as opposed to transfer profits, as I must confess I haven't worked that one out yet (nor shall I in the near future- you may have saved me a job)

To all members:- Unfortunately I now have to prepare for tmw's 200km round trip for outpatients appointments and Pulmonary Function tests. I fear very bad results on the latter, with the possibility of (that) hospital admission ( the last time I was admitted I was there 3 weeks). Now I haven't said this to get sympathy, merely to let members know that I won't be able to reply to any quotes/ mentions as promptly as I would like. If admitted, I wouldn't have a clue when I'd be back in action, whereas if I'm not, then I would have other medical appointments over the following 10 days, so would be out of action for that period. However, I might log in for a few seconds each day to see the extent, if any, of any future replies I'll have to make. Anyway, must log off for the day now to prepare for tmw. 

13 minutes ago, ramblur said:

To all members:- Unfortunately I now have to prepare for tmw's 200km round trip for outpatients appointments and Pulmonary Function tests. I fear very bad results on the latter, with the possibility of (that) hospital admission ( the last time I was admitted I was there 3 weeks). Now I haven't said this to get sympathy, merely to let members know that I won't be able to reply to any quotes/ mentions as promptly as I would like. If admitted, I wouldn't have a clue when I'd be back in action, whereas if I'm not, then I would have other medical appointments over the following 10 days, so would be out of action for that period. However, I might log in for a few seconds each day to see the extent, if any, of any future replies I'll have to make. Anyway, must log off for the day now to prepare for tmw. 

Good luck Ramblur, I hope things turn out better than you expect and you'll be back posting in no time!

Your informative posts and painstaking analysis work have been very much appreciated by many of us I'm sure.

Best wishes.

40 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'm a bit confused by your £23.2m figure for player sales - is this the value you've calculated for sale proceeds, as opposed to transfer profits, as I must confess I haven't worked that one out yet (nor shall I in the near future- you may have saved me a job)

Thanks Mr Blur, and best wishes for your health issues. 

The figure for £23.2 million came from 

Gain on player sales £16.2 million (from profit and loss account)

Plus: Cost of players sold £8.7 million (from balance sheet note)

Less: Accumulated depreciation of players sold £1.6 million (from balance sheet note)

Total (adjusted for rounding) £23.2 million

Peace, love and light. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't know if you saw my comments as a personal attack, as another posted stated.

I just found your article quite provoactive and some of the 'accusations' without substance.

Not sure if you are a Derby fan or not but I would say our current owners are the most transparent (other than transfer fees) that we have ever had, I therefore am not really sure what your article is getting at.

Thanks for the feeback!

I'm always happy to change things that are wrong. 

Cheers!

20 minutes ago, The Baron said:

Thanks Mr Blur, and best wishes for your health issues. 

The figure for £23.2 million came from 

Gain on player sales £16.2 million (from profit and loss account)

Plus: Cost of players sold £8.7 million (from balance sheet note)

Less: Accumulated depreciation of players sold £1.6 million (from balance sheet note)

Total (adjusted for rounding) £23.2 million

Peace, love and light. 

Not got the accounts to hand but I remember saying to a mate last week that I made the figure that we sold Hendrick, Hughes, Ince and Grant for around £23m.

If I remember rightly the PBSE note from last year gave Hendricks fee away at £8m (happy to be corrected) leaving £15m for the other 3, which seems to tie in roughly with figures of Ince £9m Hughes  £4m and Grant £2m that were quoted in the papers.

On 4/16/2018 at 22:32, ramblur said:

Utchie , Utchie give us a rhyme,

Utchie, give us a rhyme.

If the Rams were an advert for beer,

It would be abundantly clear,

That once we sold off our Willy

The Pit of Misery beckoned, dilly dilly

Never mind we all thought, no more passing short

We'd break quickly with purpose and passion,

Quarterback Tom would unleash his bomb

and somehow we'd score in a fashion

Some said it were dire but Vyds was on fire

we moved up the table quite easy

Tommy and Joe ran the midfield show

and the defence was marshalled by Keezy

The games came and went, we didn't miss Bent,

The Nuuuuuuuuuge was ably assisted

by Winnal and Wiemann and Georgie the pieman

our run up to 2nd persisted

But as new year broke we started to choke

The roar turned into a sigh

It was feckin certain we'd lose at Burton

and we're **** everytime we're on Sky

What makes it worse is this talk of a curse

as if its an act of God

we lost Russell and Martin then Cameron was startin'

we'd have lost with McFarland and Todd!!!

The season once more turns into a chore

"Rowett Out" is the clamour from fans

Will Mel give him a push, win his court case with Rush?

Feck em all, come on you Rams!

Archived