Manner of Performances

rammieib

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Fair play to @LeedsCityRam for backing his opinion up solidly, I don’t agree with him but a forum is only interesting if people are willing to share their opinions and engage in genuine debate with others.

Disappointed to see others trying to shame him into changing his opinion.

He hasn’t really shared an opinion, he’s just made an outrageous claim. He was asked to say why his claim would happen which he didn’t do. Just offered a silly bet. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Nah not interested.. I never bet against Derby. It would be a stupid bet for you anyway.. What are the odds on that down the bookies? And you want to give me evens! Really yoof I am doing you a favour. Now stop with the stupid posts, back your man with sensible opinions and maybe people will take you seriously.. 

So just what makes you so certain? This squad? Really can’t see that! Whole new squad and Morris throwing more millions at it? He’s already said that is not on.  So we are going to be champions, with young and hungry? Playing fabulous football, god I hope so but where are these young and hungry coming from? They have already inferred that the academy prospects are not ready.. We might get one or two but Rowett has shown no real interest at any point in his career to blood youth, bar one at Brum.

Add to this the three coming down with their millions of parachute payments.. Keep your money in your pocket, it’s grim up north.

I won’t hold my breath for you to put some rational behind just how you feel we are going to achieve your boast.

My 'rationale' is this;

1. The squad - its not good enough currently & hasn't been for 5 years. That said, it doesn't need totally dismantling - the defence is largely sound & there is quality in areas elsewhere. What we lack is energy, pace & power in midfield and up front. I don't believe that necessarily necessitates millions throwing at it. 3/4 first team starters could make a massive difference - Brentford (amongst others) in this division are able to recruit wisely at value prices, why can't we?

2. Rowett isn't stupid. He's gone for broke this year & hence added what he thought would be experienced heads (not scarred by previous collapses) to get us over the line. It might still work but I suspect it won't. The summer will see a very different approach. Remember, he's had 2 previous jobs & both were deemed successes - ergo, I trust him to get it right next year IF he hasn't totally lost the dressing room & Morris is inclined to ride out this storm & back his man.

p.s. careful with the 'north/south' thing, thought you were about to launch into a chorus of 'we pay your benefits'...

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long had Mac 2 had to change the squad? We were going nowhere (after Mac 2 had staved off relegation!), not aiming for the top 6 like Rowetts squad! Not quite the same aye.

Can't argue that he didn't have time but can't you see the similarities? Listless displays by so-called quality players at this level? Allegations of 'losing the dressing room'?

You would have given McClaren time to sort it out ergo I believe Rowett deserves the same. Interesting that your expectations of a manager you don't rate are so much higher than that of a manager you do.

7 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Can't argue that he didn't have time but can't you see the similarities? Listless displays by so-called quality players at this level? Allegations of 'losing the dressing room'?

You would have given McClaren time to sort it out ergo I believe Rowett deserves the same. Interesting that your expectations of a manager you don't rate are so much higher than that of a manager you do.

Rowett has had time to sort it out - it's one of his players now calling others in the squad! Mac 2 said the squad would need changes but was sacked before he had chance to do it.

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rowett has had time to sort it out - it's one of his players now calling others in the squad! Mac 2 said the squad would need changes but was sacked before he had chance to do it.

Sorry but 4 years of poor recruitment takes more than a year to sort - particularly when you factor in lengthy contracts & FFP constraints. Would you sack McClaren were he in exactly this position this season? (assuming he'd carried on from last year)

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Sorry but 4 years of poor recruitment takes more than a year to sort - particularly when you factor in lengthy contracts & FFP constraints. Would you sack McClaren were he in exactly this position this season? (assuming he'd carried on from last year)

I'm sacking Rowett (like I have the chance!) for his dire football philosophy and his poor recruitment. 

57 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

My 'rationale' is this;

1. The squad - its not good enough currently & hasn't been for 5 years. That said, it doesn't need totally dismantling - the defence is largely sound & there is quality in areas elsewhere. What we lack is energy, pace & power in midfield and up front. I don't believe that necessarily necessitates millions throwing at it. 3/4 first team starters could make a massive difference - Brentford (amongst others) in this division are able to recruit wisely at value prices, why can't we?

2. Rowett isn't stupid. He's gone for broke this year & hence added what he thought would be experienced heads (not scarred by previous collapses) to get us over the line. It might still work but I suspect it won't. The summer will see a very different approach. Remember, he's had 2 previous jobs & both were deemed successes - ergo, I trust him to get it right next year IF he hasn't totally lost the dressing room & Morris is inclined to ride out this storm & back his man.

p.s. careful with the 'north/south' thing, thought you were about to launch into a chorus of 'we pay your benefits'...

There you go a sensible post.. Was not too hard.

I agree with a lot of what you have said and maybe over a few years, let’s be honest this ain’t happening in one season, you might be right. That’s why I refused your bet.

Recruiting is the problem though, we ha e an awful record on this front and I don’t see any real change there.   Certainly no noise from the club about change on this front. Brentford have a tried and trusted method that they have developed over a few years. We could learn a lot from clubs like that. They spend a lot of time looking overseas, Rowett recons that is a waste of time. So for this to work, something has to give in the basic structure of the club.

We have no money, we don’t have much coming through apparently.. We are stuck with old heads and long contracts, so in essence we are in a mess. At the moment. 

Given time, you may well be right.. I hope Rowett takes a long hard look at himself and sees his mistakes. Style, formation etc. I hope he stops talking crap and gets on with his job. Same as Morris, shut up and work hard because this is a mess and one it will take longer that 12 months to sort I’m afraid.. 

What would you have done if I had taken your bet for say 5k? Let’s be honest, it was not a great post but it was early hours and we’ve all done it :thumbsup: Your post above shows you have a valid opinion, well put.

On the north / south thing.. I’ve got some extra wonga this month, shall I send up a food parcel? :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

So from that, I assume you consider the results overall & position in the table to be acceptable?

No the only way it's acceptable is by him getting promotion. It's still not good to watch and Rowett is still all talk.

8 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

There you go a sensible post.. Was not too hard.

I agree with a lot of what you have said and maybe over a few years, let’s be honest this ain’t happening in one season, you might be right. That’s why I refused your bet.

Recruiting is the problem though, we ha e an awful record on this front and I don’t see any real change there.   Certainly no noise from the club about change on this front. Brentford have a tried and trusted method that they have developed over a few years. We could learn a lot from clubs like that. They spend a lot of time looking overseas, Rowett recons that is a waste of time. So for this to work, something has to give in the basic structure of the club.

We have no money, we don’t have much coming through apparently.. We are stuck with old heads and long contracts, so in essence we are in a mess. At the moment. 

Given time, you may well be right.. I hope Rowett takes a long hard look at himself and sees his mistakes. Style, formation etc. I hope he stops talking crap and gets on with his job. Same as Morris, shut up and work hard because this is a mess and one it will take longer that 12 months to sort I’m afraid.. 

What would you have done if I had taken your bet for say 5k? Let’s be honest, it was not a great post but it was early hours and we’ve all done it :thumbsup: Your post above shows you have a valid opinion, well put.

On the north / south thing.. I’ve got some extra wonga this month, shall I send up a food parcel? :thumbsup:

Most of my posts are thought out - even after Merlot ;) Its easy to criticise & call for change but harder to offer constructive solutions & back someone when times get a bit tough. That was the motivation for my posts last night - if I end up being wrong, am happy to come back on here & admit it. And part with my cash.

In view of the depressing run we're on & the obvious limitations of the team, I'd be astonished if moves weren't already underway to remedy this in the summer. Elsnik's & Guy's reasonably high profile loans indicate (to me at least) a more prominent role next year too.

p.s. 'Feed the Yorkies....let them know its Christmas time....' ;)

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No the only way it's acceptable is by him getting promotion. It's still not good to watch and Rowett is still all talk.

Would you have insisted on promotion were McClaren in charge this season? Fundamentally, its a results based business

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So which one is Hudds and which one is Ledley?

Neither. We need midfielders who play higher, press & score goals. From what I've seen of both, both have the attributes to do this

4 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Would you have insisted on promotion were McClaren in charge this season? Fundamentally, its a results based business

Neither. We need midfielders who play higher, press & score goals. From what I've seen of both, both have the attributes to do this

Rowett has already had more opportunity than Mac had, why let him destroy any more of the squad's football players to be replaced with limited talent hard workers?! Although not seen much hard work recently.

Isn't Palmer a midfielder who plays higher and scores? Why did Rowett play him deep yesterday? 

19 hours ago, rammieib said:

Still feel the same? This was your comment after the Wolves match.

Yes, would add some more comments about players desire/lack of commitment if i was to make an overall judgement on the club.

If you're changing you're entire opinion after one game, your opinion isnt worth much.

Archived