Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Need to comment about Ramage’s Keogh rant before the game! An absolute character assassination. Don’t know if anyone heard it. I think he went way too far personally!! Pretty much saying this decision is 4 years too late and hinting he’s potentially a bad egg who goes behind management’s back to the Owners. I know there have been rumours of that in the past, I’m nowhere near in the know to possibly comment on whether ramage has a point?

I think there is an issue with Keogh in the pressure games, it’s like he’s hyper, he runs like a headless chicken chases the ball and forgets everything that makes him a good player. And he is a good player! 

For me he shouldn’t be captain but definitely has a role to play. Maybe switching to a back 3 would suit him.

If Ramage is in and around the club, maybe he knows something? Ex players talk to players regularly. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

His 

I can't cope anymore.

:blink: he might be nuts...but one of us has a screw loose.

I think it might be me.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Steady on, you've not even offered to buy him a drink yet!

I'll offer after if he's any good.

Don't really get the whole Keogh debate. Like any player, he's been in the team because he's been playing well. His form has dipped of late so he gets rested. Same as any other player (apart from Lawrence). It's just decent if rather obvious management. Pearce can consider himself unlucky not to have played before and should now keep the shirt because he put in a really good performance. Why the drama? 

15 hours ago, rynny said:

Ramage and Dawes are a pair of twonks. I've stopped listening to games that I can't make because of them. They always have their favourite to call and berate. Earlier in the season it was Huddlestone then Martin then Russell now it sounds like Keogh's turn. 

No point listening to their games when they're so inaccurate anyway. 

Does Dawes still bitch about the ref all the time? 

Keough ,, I like his attitude as a player and he runs Through walls for derby ,, he’s is in the main a very decent player for us ,that said  he is a rush of blood type too and can get carried away trying to do too much and I think this is where the mistakes come from rather than having the armband , we say he is our comfortable on the ball bring it out of defence centre half but for me I see him looking more in panic mode when he is doing that and I think he can get himself into headless chicken mode trying to do this in important games and pressure situations ,,, he needs a coach/manager to calm him down and get him doing the simple things and staying in position far more and for me that would see him elevate his game to a far better level than he already is ,sometimes players can care too much and try to do far too much ,,,,

on the Baird to left back thing I noticed a quick free kick situation where he saved our ass just by simply staying switched on all the time in a very very good pro style that fozzy and Richard would do really well to learn from 

Rowett said himself Keogh will Captain the side in a different way this week .

Keoghstill has a big part to play this season but well done to Pearce yesterday for stepping up to the plate  

It is up to Alex and Curtis to play well and keep Richard on the bench. 

Thats how Rowett operates even with Lawrence 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

On that logic explain Lawrence.

Just when you shocked me with your keough balance you have to go and spoil it

16 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Desperate or what! ?

Not at all. I'm just assuming, perhaps wrongly, that Mr Ramage must have some cast iron information on Keogh and his actions within the club. If he doesn't, then I would expect him to receive a letter from Keoghs solicitor. 

I don't see the big deal. Keogh has been shaky the last few weeks, and had a horror show against Sunderland. He got dropped just like every other player across the footballing World does, and now should have to work his way back into the side. That's football management. His inability to be dropped over the last few years has done him, and the team, no favours. 

Play the 11 in form players, and you should get better results. 

I think Keogh's attitude and commitment to the Derby cause cloud some people's judgment. He's a decent Championship centre-half, but he does have his moments, which happen quite frequently, but we tend to gloss over them because we like his attitude.

After Friday, I would imagine his confidence was shattered and Gary made the right call to drop him.

Archived