Rowett

Rowett v Forest  

252 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Oh I don't think for one minute that that's what happened - even if we could.........but we did put it out there that we had a threadbare squad, which fuelled the comments about the postponement.

It didn’t mate.  Rowett was just saying he had a lot of injuries early in the week which he did.   Rowett can’t predict the weather and neither can Warnock. 

Warnock seized on this to have a go at us about the postponement which was due to the lap of the gods not Derby County  .

Rowett would have fielded a strong team against Cardiff minus Huddlestone  

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

People were calling for his head as early as September.

There are posters on here who would like him to go. Of course they have their reasons and opinions which they are entitled to, but I just for once would like us to not sack a manager when we have a bad run, I do not think we will anyway.

Is it because he sold Hughes and Ince and they can’t get over it. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Is it because he sold Hughes and Ince and they can’t get over it. 

Its a combination of things. Yes seeing some players go out and the style of play.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

I wonder if Rowett is wishing he hadn’t extended his contact !

Just renewed my season ticket 

I don't think so, he will believe in his ability. 

Haven't done mine yet but will be doing.

31 minutes ago, curtains said:

I wonder if Rowett is wishing he hadn’t extended his contact !

Just renewed my season ticket 

He'll be criticised anywhere he goes. Part of the job. Part of anything that is open to the public

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

People were calling for his head as early as September.

Did that actually happen? Or is it just a myth.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Did that actually happen? Or is it just a myth.

Maybe not so dramatically but there were lots challenging the decissions made in the transfer window. Young hungry small tight knit squad is what was said we'd have. 

That didn't happen so laid the ammunition for disgruntlement.

3 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe not so dramatically but there were lots challenging the decissions made in the transfer window. Young hungry small tight knit squad is what was said we'd have. 

That didn't happen so laid the ammunition for disgruntlement.

Think its quite fair to comment on the decisions. I just don't really believe the idea that people were calling for him to be sacked.

i might be wrong, but i don't remember that happening.

unfortunately it is not possible to be critical of anything without being labelled and having words put in your mouth.

2 hours ago, curtains said:

I think a few people  are overrating our U23 players ability to play in the first team at this present time. 

Name which players from the U23s you would start in a Championship game. 

Quite frankly, it’s an impossibly question to answer and you know it is. As fans we only see glimpses and read reports, even if you are watching on ramstv you are only seeing part of what you need to find in a player. As a fan, I don’t think we have the tools to really lay a proper judgement on who’s ‘ready’.  Dont think weve overrated anyone and that feels a little over the top, or written by you for effect, but do you not think that happens because we’ve not seen them as part of a championship team? 

For what it’s worth, there’s obviously Bennett and Hanson who are more than capable. Then surely the majority of players currently on loan are showing they are comfortable around a first team? 

To be honest I wonder how many people say things about players not being ready were saying it about Hughes, Hendrick etc. 

26 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Think its quite fair to comment on the decisions. I just don't really believe the idea that people were calling for him to be sacked.

i might be wrong, but i don't remember that happening.

I would say, although not specifically calling for him to be sacked, people thought he wasn’t up to the job as early as August, 4 or 5 games into the season. I bet if you scroll down enough to the time of the infamous Brentford match (late september), they’ll be a few ‘rowett out’ comments

18 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Quite frankly, it’s an impossibly question to answer and you know it is. As fans we only see glimpses and read reports, even if you are watching on ramstv you are only seeing part of what you need to find in a player. As a fan, I don’t think we have the tools to really lay a proper judgement on who’s ‘ready’.  Dont think weve overrated anyone and that feels a little over the top, or written by you for effect, but do you not think that happens because we’ve not seen them as part of a championship team? 

For what it’s worth, there’s obviously Bennett and Hanson who are more than capable. Then surely the majority of players currently on loan are showing they are comfortable around a first team? 

To be honest I wonder how many people say things about players not being ready were saying it about Hughes, Hendrick etc. 

Oh really Bennett and Hanson .

Who else compares to Hendrick who I constantly praised against the tide of criticism  on here and Hughes who was clearly very good 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Oh really Bennett and Hanson .

Who else compares to Hendrick who I constantly praised against the tide of criticism  on here and Hughes who was clearly very good 

I mean, well done...but you completely (purposefully?) missed the point I made.

In a thread where a lot of posters have talked about what they’ve found frustrating, you’ve done really well to somehow tick those boxes

13 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:
13 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Always has been.

I don't know for sure but I'd be tempted to say the forum has over the years, definitely been infiltrated by non Derby fans on a wind up and yes  i am aware of the irony of that statement coming from me.

You can spot some of them a mile off but if you dare to point it out you'll be slated, they'll pull out some random stat about watching the club since Ron Webster's days and convince the less clever posters they are genuine

David you've done a brilliant job mate, I tink I always used to tell you that even when you were banning me for being a narky defensive ****.

Nowt you can do to rid the world of **** **** pal, you'll drive yourself nuts trying.

I am Definitely one of these, at the old age of 17....

On 20/03/2018 at 16:30, RoyMac5 said:

Says who?!

How much do you think ex-Prem players like Jerome, Lawrence et al are on!

How much do you reckon players like Martin, Blackman, Butterfield, Bryson, Shackell and Bent are on? Granted that we may be paying a fraction of Bent's and Shackell's wages.

He has shipped out high wage players...

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I mean, well done...but you completely (purposefully?) missed the point I made.

In a thread where a lot of posters have talked about what they’ve found frustrating, you’ve done really well to somehow tick those boxes

People  should remember the hand Rowett was dealt .

He is doing very well considering and to keep criticising him over the age of the squad and not introducing the U23s is unfair as he has tried his best to integrate some of them into the first team environment .

I didn’t agree with Elsnik going on loan to Swindon but in retrospect he has done well and that can only benefit him in the long run.

I don't agree with all Rowetts decisions but I’m mighty glad he is Derby County’s Manager.  

We are 5th and I hope we get playoffs and I believe we will. 

I would say some of the older players have a few more seasons in them yet if we are still in the Champioship next season which is not all doom and gloom . 

Archived