Season tickets for next year, whose renewed

Rab a dab doo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn it: At 3:59 and 37 seconds I weakened and renewed. 

I hate Derby at times! Even when I have made up my mind they go and win (played rubbish though)! Even the DCFC website which can be relied on to crash decided to work and it took a whole 1 minute start to finish. Even the credit card verification went through! The missus was chuntering as well

I know when I'm beat

So COYR

1 minute ago, FindernRam said:

I hate Derby at times! Even when I have made up my mind they go and win (played rubbish though)! Even the DCFC website which can be relied on to crash decided to work and it took a whole 1 minute start to finish. Even the credit card verification went through!

So COYR

It's fate.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

I hate Derby at times! Even when I have made up my mind they go and win (played rubbish though)! Even the DCFC website which can be relied on to crash decided to work and it took a whole 1 minute start to finish. Even the credit card verification went through! The missus was chuntering as well

I know when I'm beat

So COYR

Same here.

renewed with 40 minutes ago.

it was like watching myself get mugged by me.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Despite all the doom and gloom on here, we have sold 92 more season tickets at this stage than last season - 17,934 against 17,842. This according to DET. 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-season-tickets-2018-1427462#ICID=ios_derbytelegraph_ios_AppShare_Click_TWshare

I do feel like this is mainly those of us that have resigned ourselves to just turning up no matter what. I think the season tickets bought by optimists in the lead up to the new season may take a big hit. I can’t see our average attendance being the envy of others next year!

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I do feel like this is mainly those of us that have resigned ourselves to just turning up no matter what. I think the season tickets bought by glory hunters in the lead up to the new season may take a big hit. I can’t see our average attendance being the envy of others next year!

ftfy

35 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

ftfy

I don’t want to call them glory supporters because if that was the case they’d be walking around head to toe in Man City gear at the moment. I believe the club do need to create optimism to attract those that aren’t in the habit of spunking £400 a year on despair as it is a big financial commitment. 

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I do feel like this is mainly those of us that have resigned ourselves to just turning up no matter what. I think the season tickets bought by optimists in the lead up to the new season may take a big hit. I can’t see our average attendance being the envy of others next year!

It made me laugh in the interview with Roy Mcfarland when he said Peter Taylor said 'look at the crowd they'll turn up and watch any old rubbish. What would happen if we started doing well?'.

Or something like that.

Renewing my ST at West Ham.   £145 for over 65s. I figure that if Derby get promoted and the Irons stay up I can watch us. Or if the Irons get relegated and we stay down I can watch us . Problem if they stay up and we stay down of course. 

And talking of West Ham, whatever happened to the Hammers? No one calls them that now. It's the Irons. :ermm:

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t want to call them glory supporters because if that was the case they’d be walking around head to toe in Man City gear at the moment. I believe the club do need to create optimism to attract those that aren’t in the habit of spunking £400 a year on despair as it is a big financial commitment. 

I know, it was a bit tongue in cheek. There will be another term, but its just a fact that our support increases when there is more expectation that we will have more success, its no different at other clubs.

You are right, there will always be a 'core' of supporters who will go anyway, some who go when they can because of circumstances and then a fairly sizeable percentage that will only go when we are doing well, or expect to do well..and thats where your optimism comes in.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I know, it was a bit tongue in cheek. There will be another term, but its just a fact that our support increases when there is more expectation that we will have more success, its no different at other clubs.

You are right, there will always be a 'core' of supporters who will go anyway, some who go when they can because of circumstances and then a fairly sizeable percentage that will only go when we are doing well, or expect to do well..and thats where your optimism comes in.

If the play offs don’t go to plan I’d take Mel and Gary making a joint statement saying that progress next season will be a movement towards a younger, more hungry squad with some under 23s being given decent playtime. The ambitions are to remain competitive in the top half whilst creating an exciting squad that can compete in every game. 

Id take that but I know our attendances would take a hit. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If the play offs don’t go to plan I’d take Mel and Gary making a joint statement saying that progress next season will be a movement towards a younger, more hungry squad with some under 23s being given decent playtime. The ambitions are to remain competitive in the top half whilst creating an exciting squad that can compete in every game. 

Id take that but I know our attendances would take a hit. 

Wasn't something similar said at the end of last/start of this season?

6 hours ago, rynny said:

Wasn't something similar said at the end of last/start of this season?

I think Mel and Gary may have thought they had a chance of doing it on the cheap this year ie 30plus aged players on 18 month deals for smaller fees. 

Archived