Cardiff match on the telebox

Mafiabob

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

We've been charged more than the home teams before when playing away, don't get this.

I think it's something to do with tickets being 'for equivalent areas of the ground'. As our away fans are in a corner they are presumably the cheapest ticket prices for us anyway, so have to compare like for like.

Just to add, our South Stand tends to be louder when they've got a fair number of away fans to react to, so again, not necessarily a negative for me.

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Thanks Sky :angry:

I was fine with this being played on the Saturday as we are travelling to Scotland on the Sunday morning and can't cancel it now. 

Go north very early ossie. They’ll smoke you a kipper as you’ll be there before breakfast ( to misquote to Red Dwarf)

10 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think it's something to do with tickets being 'for equivalent areas of the ground'. As our away fans are in a corner they are presumably the cheapest ticket prices for us anyway, so have to compare like for like.

Just to add, our South Stand tends to be louder when they've got a fair number of away fans to react to, so again, not necessarily a negative for me.

Probably. Just remember last season when we played at Huddersfield, the away end was sold out so got a ticket behind the goal in the home end which actually worked out cheaper than going in the Derby end who were also behind the goal, must've been some reason behind it though.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Probably. Just remember last season when we played at Huddersfield, the away end was sold out so got a ticket behind the goal in the home end which actually worked out cheaper than going in the Derby end who were also behind the goal, must've been some reason behind it though.

Yes, I remember that, too. I think that clubs might also be able to have so many community days where they offer low prices, otherwise how do these 'kids for a quid' and £2 tickets comply with the rules? I don't know, but it worries me that some fans use things like this to beat the club up. We have had many perks of being season ticket holders since Mel took over so I don't begrudge others a bargain every now and then.

It's quite nice when we have early round cup matches against lower division clubs and you see loads of young families with kids who probably couldn't afford to come on a weekly basis but are really enjoying a game. Many of the regular season ticket holders around us just don't bother turning up for those games so why shouldn't someone else take their place?

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, I remember that, too. I think that clubs might also be able to have so many community days where they offer low prices, otherwise how do these 'kids for a quid' and £2 tickets comply with the rules? I don't know, but it worries me that some fans use things like this to beat the club up. We have had many perks of being season ticket holders since Mel took over so I don't begrudge others a bargain every now and then.

It's quite nice when we have early round cup matches against lower division clubs and you see loads of young families with kids who probably couldn't afford to come on a weekly basis but are really enjoying a game. Many of the regular season ticket holders around us just don't bother turning up for those games so why shouldn't someone else take their place?

I agree I'm all for it, wasn't begrudging them. Just didn't understand why it applied to away fans but I don't mind either way.

5 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

3 consecutive games. Cardiff, Sunderland and Preston on sky now. 

Must be annoying for Rams TV subscribers.

Make that 4, forgot Forest.

Not really.

I can still watch the game, which, in the end, is all that matters.

2 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I vaguely recall that we haven't lost on a Sunday on TV since Preston in the playoffs. I could have dreamt it but sure it was stat they stated at the Forest game.

If that’s right it probably balances out my loss of a Sunday morning walk in the hills, my pre match beverages on match day and my Sunday afternoon siesta, sleeping off my post walk Sunday lunch and beer. But only just!! 

20 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

3 consecutive games. Cardiff, Sunderland and Preston on sky now. 

Must be annoying for Rams TV subscribers.

Make that 4, forgot Forest.

They will probably put the games vs Wolves and Villa on TV too. Barnsley match will be on if still anything to play for.

That leaves Bolton, Burton and Boro. All could be big games for both teams, any of which could be on sky.

Tough times to make any plans. Even worse if we drop into playoffs.

14 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

*checked the detail. Not lost a Championship game on a Sunday since May 2009 vs Watford. 

Surely that match doesn't count! That was the last game of a season and I'm sure Clough played Hulse at the back. 

Derby: Bywater, Connolly, Nyatanga (O'Brien 64), Bannan, Pearson (Dudley 84), Commons, Savage, Varney (Villa 64), Teale, Eustace, Hulse.
Subs Not Used: Price, Beardsley

5 hours ago, dan_ram1 said:

Surely that match doesn't count! That was the last game of a season and I'm sure Clough played Hulse at the back. 

Derby: Bywater, Connolly, Nyatanga (O'Brien 64), Bannan, Pearson (Dudley 84), Commons, Savage, Varney (Villa 64), Teale, Eustace, Hulse.
Subs Not Used: Price, Beardsley

Oooo imagine our current team playing that one :thumbsup:

One day all this will implode and the arm chair bridge will jump on the next trendy band wagon. The faithful will go back to watching football in the ground every Saturday and all will be good in the world.  Oh I pray for that day!! 

Archived