Which option?

1977 Ram Raider

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take the second one - if we are good enough we will go up anyway and there are so many bl**dy MU fans - they really are like rats - one within ten feet of you at all times.

I couldn't take 10 - if you had made it 3 or 4 I would have gone for auto.

2 of my 3 daughters married MU supporters

I'd be extremely sore for a few weeks but I'd take a heavy defeat in exchange for automatic promotion. 

In my experience, most people that follow Man Utd who are much under the age of 35 aren't really 'supporters' or 'fans' as most of us would understand it. They are better described as fans of winning, success and prestige. Man Utd are a brand these days and have more in common with Coca Cola or McDonalds than Derby County.

Younger people follow them out of visibility, predictability and them being a safe bet rather than genuine interest or emotional attachment. 

Just my two cents mind...

6 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I'd be extremely sore for a few weeks but I'd take a heavy defeat in exchange for automatic promotion. 

In my experience, most people that follow Man Utd who are much under the age of 35 aren't really 'supporters' or 'fans' as most of us would understand it. They are better described as fans of winning, success and prestige. Man Utd are a brand these days and have more in common with Coca Cola or McDonalds than Derby County.

Younger people follow them out of visibility, predictability and them being a safe bet rather than genuine interest or emotional attachment. 

Just my two cents mind...

Well I'd say under 45. It was always either Liverpool or Man Utd when I was a kid and I'm 43. I shunned the glory hunters and supported my own home team in DCFC. 

My son likes Man City and Arsenal because they play good football so can't argue with that but he comes to every home match with me to support the Rams.

39 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Which would you choose versus Man Utd?

Lose 10-0 but gain automatic promotion.

Win 1-0 but end up in play offs.

Option 1. Then we could get revenge and do the double over them in the league next season whilst making Europe to see the likes of Barca come to Pride park for a lesson in Rowettball!!

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well I'd say under 45. It was always either Liverpool or Man Utd when I was a kid and I'm 43. I shunned the glory hunters and supported my own home team in DCFC. 

My son likes Man City and Arsenal because they play good football so can't argue with that but he comes to every home match with me to support the Rams.

Yeah, my post was a bit of a crass generalisation. I'm 35 and to be fair ninety percent of my schoolmates supported either Derby or Forest (I live in Heanor) when I was in education but virtually all the rest were either Man Utd or Liverpool. 

My cousins boy is a Liverpool fan but also follows Derby like his dad. Perhaps two or three club support is the way it will be now...

39 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I would take the second one - if we are good enough we will go up anyway and there are so many bl**dy MU fans - they really are like rats - one within ten feet of you at all times.

I couldn't take 10 - if you had made it 3 or 4 I would have gone for auto.

2 of my 3 daughters married MU supporters

Essex boys eh...

I'd take a 1-0 & play offs, going up in 2nd is soooooooo boring :lol:

3 hours ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Which would you choose versus Man Utd?

Lose 10-0 but gain automatic promotion.

Win 1-0 but end up in play offs.

Not a realistic choice (I hope). I think we'll get well beaten but not 10-0. 

I'd take 5-0 and auto's but anything above that would be seriously embarrassing 

Archived