Sheffield Wednesday controversial new CEO

Andicis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42535875

Sheffield Wednesday have hired Katrien Meire from Charlton Athletic as their new CEO. She was a pretty divisive figure whilst she was there, referring to fans as customers. There were many protests at Charlton during her time there, including the throwing plastic pigs onto the pitch one at the Valley. Interesting move from the Wendies, apparently the owner has said he wants to run them more like a business too. Maybe a relegation battle for them?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42535875

Sheffield Wednesday have hired Katrien Meire from Charlton Athletic as their new CEO. She was a pretty divisive figure whilst she was there, referring to fans as customers. There were many protests at Charlton during her time there, including the throwing plastic pigs onto the pitch one at the Valley. Interesting move from the Wendies, apparently the owner has said he wants to run them more like a business too. Maybe a relegation battle for them?

football is a business of sorts but quite a unique one.

Any club who appoints her, i would suggest hasnt done their homework. It would turn the fans against you in a heartbeat. Wednesday are probably wishing they still had Manderic or whatever his name was. Yet another time i praise the lord and think us lucky we have Mel.

38 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

football is a business of sorts but quite a unique one.

Any club who appoints her, i would suggest hasnt done their homework. It would turn the fans against you in a heartbeat. Wednesday are probably wishing they still had Manderic or whatever his name was. Yet another time i praise the lord and think us lucky we have Mel.

Yeah, I agree with your first statement. If all clubs treated it as such, the market would be very different, but it only takes one or two to pull a man city, and it breaks the whole market. 

Yeah, I think relations between the club and fans is important, and they already charge extremely high ticket prices, and for saying I live in Sheffield, it's much cheaper to live there than Derby, but a huge anomaly with the huge ticket prices they charge. We are lucky to have Mel.

Upon further reading on this, it turns out Charlton fans had to sign good behaviour agreements upon purchasing season tickets, and the ''under soil heating'' that was laid down during the ownership wasn't actually connected to a boiler, rendering it useless. I fear for Wednesday...

Wow, she was utterly despised by the charlton fans and for good reasons, Duchatelet’s stooge. 

Before Charlton she had absolutely 0 experience in running a football club and boy did it show. Wednesday are gong down the pan and yet again it’s the fans that have to suffer. 

8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Upon further reading on this, it turns out Charlton fans had to sign good behaviour agreements upon purchasing season tickets, and the ''under soil heating'' that was laid down during the ownership wasn't actually connected to a boiler, rendering it useless. I fear for Wednesday...

I think it was only one fan that was made to sign this good behaviour agreement but that was widely publicised in the national media afterwards and could be best described as a PR disaster.  

An imaginary job interview with Ms. Katrien Meire

Dejphon Chansiri the owner Sheffield Wednesday FC:

“tell me your achievements in your role at Charlton Athletic FC” 

Katrien Meire

“well we’re do I start, I managed to alienate the fan base, lost 50% of the season ticket holders, sacked in excess of 6 managers, I had weekly protests in the car park, I am unable to walk within the catchment area of CAFC as I will receive abuse, I lied constantly through my teeth, I did everything in my power for the fans to hate me - would you like to know anything else?

Dejphon Chansiri the owner Sheffield Wednesday FC:

“you’re hired”

Lolz

Archived