Sheffield Pub Grub

1of4

Got to accompany the wife to Sheffield in a couple of weeks time, don't ask. Need help with finding a good pub serving decent food, that's located in the city centre. Preferably an independent and not Wetherspoons or similar. Thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of decent snap houses round Sheff.

Bungalows and Bears/Frog and Parrot are ok pubby places on Division street, Head of Steam near the Crucible was good when we dropped by a couple of weeks ago too, that's a bit nicer than the other two mentioned. Forum has always been good when me and the missus have been but pricey. 

If they're all a bit meh then there's a s*** load of upper end restaurants around the town hall too. 

But yeah, Coney is a proper local so his word might be better to take than mine. 

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Plenty of decent snap houses round Sheff.

Bungalows and Bears/Frog and Parrot are ok pubby places on Division street, Head of Steam near the Crucible was good when we dropped by a couple of weeks ago too, that's a bit nicer than the other two mentioned. Forum has always been good when me and the missus have been but pricey. 

If they're all a bit meh then there's a s*** load of upper end restaurants around the town hall too. 

But yeah, Coney is a proper local so his word might be better to take than mine. 

All good tips.

we really like Smoke bbq which is near the town hall.

Loads of decent places up West Street,start in town and walk up.

All types of food,decent pubs(a bit studenty).

We don’t go very often and tend to go late afternoon/early evening to avoid the k********.

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Just a decent pub to have lunch at. I am partial to a proper pie, no of this meat in a dish with a pastry lid on the top.

I’ll ask Mrs Cone when she finishes haunting her place of work.

Only place we go specifically for a pie is The Crown at Heeley but that’s too far out,cracking pie though.

5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

we really like Smoke bbq which is near the town hall.

Love that place, haven't been in a while though. We tried to drop in a month or so ago mid afternoon and couldn't get a table, seems to have took off. That meat sharing platter with the giant turkey leg on it is brilliant. :wub: 

Archived