Takeaway Meal - Item Missing

Sith Happens

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah we miss that chap. It's fine - I actually have the palate of a Labrador so for me its fine. But its unimaginative cheap chinese food that tastes like the oil it's cooked in and nothing else. It's not Friday night quality. I'll grab a chow mein if I'm back really late from work but that's all it's good for. 

Which place in belper do you go too?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boycie said:

Which place in belper do you go too?

Rice Bowl - what was New Mings Court. When it was New Mings Court they had tap beer and they used to give me a free pint every time - seriously cold too. Now its changed to Rice Bowl they've taken off the cold beer but the food is still superb.

Chicken wings in salt & chilli are incredible. 

4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Rice Bowl - what was New Mings Court. When it was New Mings Court they had tap beer and they used to give me a free pint every time - seriously cold too. Now its changed to Rice Bowl they've taken off the cold beer but the food is still superb.

Chicken wings in salt & chilli are incredible. 

Well, that’s not the best Chinese in Belper mate, but maybe it’s changed owners now it’s not minges court?

Went to McDonald's a few weeks ago, waited ages for my food, over 10 mins, no one said owt about having to wait, no apology for having to wait, the 2 portions of fries barely had enough to make up one portion. On the receipt it has rate how we did, never complain but thought sod it wasn't good enough, and we ended with a voucher for a free meal. Decided to have that tonight, got to the car thought have a quick check as the bag didn't seem as though everything was there, and sure enough the burger that was free was missing :lol:

Well, you pass one at the mill as you go past on the left, but I only can give my opinion from a take away I had from Mings Court about 5 years ago. I use the Golden Gate near me, but I might use The Rice Bowl again if you say it’s good and may of changed hands.

The new green facade’s certainly had tongues wagging at the local council ?

They had a illuminated open sign outside that they made them take down too ?

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well, you pass one at the mill as you go past on the left, but I only can give my opinion from a take away I had from Mings Court about 5 years ago. I use the Golden Gate near me, but I might use The Rice Bowl again if you say it’s good and may of changed hands.

Haha minges court holds a special place in my heart - but then I'm in matlock so the best place to get a chinese here is the ready meal section at iceand. You're spoilt in Belper. 

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Haha minges court holds a special place in my heart - but then I'm in matlock so the best place to get a chinese here is the ready meal section at iceand. You're spoilt in Belper. 

This auto-correct says an awful lot about your usual typing activity on your phone...

Just now, Boycie said:

What are all these places?

Only one Chinese in Belper and that's the Happy Garden :lol:

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

This auto-correct says an awful lot about your usual typing activity on your phone...

Ha - no auto correct this time - just copying Boycie's prose.

I check my auto corrects carefully so i don't get caught out.

Anyway I'm off to do some rimming.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I don't see the point of using Just Eat if you know the takeaway the food is coming from. At least ordering direct with them presumably saves them having to pay commission to Just Eat?

Convienance, no drawer stuffed with menus from 5 years back, pay by card, no repeating the order several times on the phone. It’s wonderful. Makes you fat though.

Archived