England Squad for Germany and Brazil

Van der MoodHoover

7 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Well there’s a fckin surprise, the England Captain and one of his fellow Spurs colleagues that weren’t fit enough to play Germany and Brazil have made miraculous recoveries in a matter of a few days. 

#absolutedisgrace

I would strip Kane of the captaincy. 

For being injured? Don't talk soft. Presumably the strapping on his leg is part of the ruse.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Well there’s a fckin surprise, the England Captain and one of his fellow Spurs colleagues that weren’t fit enough to play Germany and Brazil have made miraculous recoveries in a matter of a few days. 

#absolutedisgrace

I would strip Kane of the captaincy. 

What about if Vydra and Keogh play today? Both missed international matches in the last week, I suppose they are absolute disgrace as well?

13 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I don’t get this argument Ted. 

Why would you risk unfit players in friendly matches? Makes no sense at all. 

If a Derby player had been out injured and was still a precaution I wouldnt want them playing pointless internationals. 

Sensible move all round IMO. The fewer matches our big players play the better, they might not be burned out come the World Cup next summer. 

Should be a given that you want to play for your country above all else (or is that just me?, maybe I don’t know) but when you’re the Captain of your country, which most kids deam of growing up. That’s inexcusable to my mind. 

When all said and done for example Harry Kane was English at birth way before he became employed by Spurs. 

My personal pinnacle given the opportunity would be to represent my country let alone skipper it. 

The World Cup is far and away beyond us, we may have qualified but that’s about our lot IMO

13 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Should be a given that you want to play for your country above all else (or is that just me?, maybe I don’t know) but when you’re the Captain of your country, which most kids deam of growing up. That’s inexcusable to my mind. 

When all said and done for example Harry Kane was English at birth way before he became employed by Spurs. 

My personal pinnacle given the opportunity would be to represent my country let alone skipper it. 

The World Cup is far and away beyond us, we may have qualified but that’s about our lot IMO

I’m pretty sure they want to play for England but we don’t know what advice or even instructions they’re being given from Spurs management/medical team. 

I just don’t see a problem if they’re injured or not fully fit, which they weren’t last week. The fact they are a week later doesn’t really matter. 

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I’m pretty sure they want to play for England but we don’t know what advice or even instructions they’re being given from Spurs management/medical team. 

I just don’t see a problem if they’re injured or not fully fit, which they weren’t last week. The fact they are a week later doesn’t really matter. 

Agree to disagree @Mr Tibbs

47 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Yep ?? 

BBC on Kane

Posted at65 mins

Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham

He hasn't looked fully fit but if Harry Kane is able to stand up he plays doesn't he?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/41726916?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5a103b5ae4b012a1079da854%26%2665 mins&ns_fee=0#post_5a103b5ae4b012a1079da854

They evidently weren't fit. Both had poor games.

Tottenham just don't have the quality in reserve to deal with injuries to key players. If City win today they go 14 points behind, a tally which all-but already sees them out of the title race.

Out of the League Cup too. The CL is a long shot. 

Makes the FA Cup the only reasonable trophy Spurs can win this season. For all the flak that Arsenal and Liverpool get, Spurs also haven't won a trophy in years and all the plaudits Pochettino receives won't mean much without silverware.

On 11/18/2017 at 13:27, Mr Tibbs said:

I buy the Harry Kane one, but Sterling, Delph, Henderson? Just dont buy it. If someone signs them off as injured what can you do? All managed to play this weekend.

And don't get me started on Danny Drinkwater....he should never be offered the chance ever again to play for england.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I buy the Harry Kane one, but Sterling, Delph, Henderson? Just dont buy it. If someone signs them off as injured what can you do? All managed to play this weekend.

And don't get me started on Danny Drinkwater....he should never be offered the chance ever again to play for england.

If they're unfit then I don't see any problem. The fact they're fit a week later doesn't prove anything. If it was the day before then maybe I'd be up in arms but a weeks rest without a game goes a long way. 

I can see both sides of the Drinkwater decision, if he's not fit enough to start for Chelsea why should we expect him to do it for England in a non competitive match? We need to be sensible here. 

2 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

If they're unfit then I don't see any problem. The fact they're fit a week later doesn't prove anything. If it was the day before then maybe I'd be up in arms but a weeks rest without a game goes a long way. 

I can see both sides of the Drinkwater decision, if he's not fit enough to start for Chelsea why should we expect him to do it for England in a non competitive match? We need to be sensible here. 

I think you should be more realistic with your wishes.

Archived