Vydra and Nugent

Derbylad92

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

just a appreciation of our best striker partnership in the last couple of decades

Not sure about that accolade. I will be more convinced if they prove to be good enough to provide the fire power to get DCFC promoted to the PL

Absolutely. Was trying to think who our last decent strike partnership was. Hulse and Commons? They’ve got nothing on Vydra and Nugent who actually play like they’re telepathically linked. On top of that they compliment each other’s games perfectly. It’s great to see. Rowett also deserves a lot of credit in getting these two playing well together.

I’d still start Martin though. :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Johnson will start against Norwich I can guarantee that ;) 

I agree Johnson will start, but in my opinion I would drop Tom to the bench, he needs a kick up his arse, so I would keep Vydra and Nugent together and play Johno, next to Ledley, that will give us more strength in the middle of the park.But what ever decision Mr Rowett makes I will be right behind him and the team.

3 minutes ago, DEL said:

Would like to see Vydra and Martin partnership at some point this season. 

Sooner the better for me. I like the front two, but Chris Martin brings some extra quality and tidiness on the ball. Anyone know how many games Martin and Vydra have played together?

Just now, needles said:

Sooner the better for me. I like the front two, but Chris Martin brings some extra quality and tidiness on the ball. Anyone know how many games Martin and Vydra have played together?

No but I can tell you how many goals Martin has in his last 30apps if you like :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

No but I can tell you how many goals Martin has in his last 30apps if you like :ph34r:

Stop using past stats. He wasn't even here full season last season but yeah ignore his goals and assists at Fulham shall we? 

Just now, Simsy said:

One.

in all comps. Where mostly he has had to come off the bench but still just one goal.

Just to be super fair, I’ve not cheated and looked up the answer, but how many minutes on the pitch out of those appearances? 

I’m sure it still wouldn’t make great reading but it’s unfair to keeping notching up the numbers when it’s a 10 minute cameo here and there. 

Just now, David said:

Just to be super fair, I’ve not cheated and looked up the answer, but how many minutes on the pitch out of those appearances? 

I’m sure it still wouldn’t make great reading but it’s unfair to keeping notching up the numbers when it’s a 10 minute cameo here and there. 

I believe those numbers are from the 15/16 season under Wassall up until now. He was a regular starter under Wassall and it was mixed under Pearson.

Just now, McLovin said:

I believe those numbers are from the 15/16 season under Wassall up until now. He was a regular starter under Wassall and it was mixed under Pearson.

As I say wouldn’t make great reading still but if you look at this season he’s featured in 11 games, would be unfair to call it 11 appearances though if that’s what’s going on here.

I have looked now and it’s 378 minutes which is 4.2 games this season

Archived