October 16th 1973

RamNut

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its a long time ago RamNut, won't mean anything to fans born after 1970.

There will always be a tiny thought in the back of my mind what the history of DCFC and NFFC would be like now if he'd of stayed.....

...and Liverpool FC Utch, would they have won their European Cups in the 70’s if Clough and Taylor had stayed ? And that’s not trying to disrespect Bob Paisley who I never thought got the recognition he deserved, but we were so good, everybody was talking about us in positive terms, the Town was buzzing, happy days.

On the very same day....

The Gulf Six (Iran, Iraq, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Qatar) unilaterally raise the posted price of Saudi Light marker crude-oil by 17 percent

Probably explains why we are constantly at war with some arabs in the desert. 

Brian's got a lot to answer for......

53 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

On the very same day....

The Gulf Six (Iran, Iraq, Abu Dhabi, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Qatar) unilaterally raise the posted price of Saudi Light marker crude-oil by 17 percent

Probably explains why we are constantly at war with some arabs in the desert. 

Brian's got a lot to answer for......

But it was good for Man City in the long run.

Damn...44 years ago and me a sprightly ish 16 year old and i remember it like it was yesterday...i often wonder that if there was internet and forums back then just how long would it have been before the servers crashed and probably exploded ? when you consider the amount of knicker twisting posts on here about trivial stuff that ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference to bugger all..oh well we had the chance and blew it ! it is the Derby way i suppose, a great shame because apart from a few seasons along the way, for me it's all been a bit s**** really.     

Archived