U23's v Swansea

Day

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Comb on Ramblur, you'll make yourself feel worse punning the thread.

Well,lustrous one,wondered where you'd got to (probably getting rid of all the chocolate wrappers before the missus found the evidence?)

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Zanzala - most underrated player in our club. What an assist! His goals are coming too 

By whom? Us who offered to take you up on your bet that he'd score more goals for the senior side than Chris Martin, all of whom you ignored? Not seen anyone rubbishing Offrande, not a single poster, but I've seen plenty of posts demeaning our top scoring striker in recent times. Admittedly it's a small group of naysayers but what they lack in numbers they more than make up for in volume. Funny that....

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair to ninos, Zanzala does look good and his assist was nice. I was only on the wind up above.

Not one of his better games - much wastefulness around him - but you get glimpses of how much of a Diego Costa bully he is up front. Batters defenders you gotta love it.

29 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not one of his better games - much wastefulness around him - but you get glimpses of how much of a Diego Costa bully he is up front. Batters defenders you gotta love it.

Do you not think he'll develop better if you don't compare him to Diego Costa? 

Just now, Andicis said:

Do you not think he'll develop better if you don't compare him to Diego Costa? 

Hmmm ... Chris Martin got compared to Diego Costa by @OwenB87 and look what happened. So you have an excellent point there A. 

I'd go so far as to say that although he doesn't get under defenders skin as much as Mr. Costa, he's physically more bruising. When a defender meets Martin Martin falls over but when a defender meets Z it's the defender who's beaten onto his a@@, then Z runs off with the ball. That's a difference. 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Hmmm ... Chris Martin got compared to Diego Costa by @OwenB87 and look what happened. So you have an excellent point there A. 

I'd go so far as to say that although he doesn't get under defenders skin as much as Mr. Costa, he's physically more bruising. When a defender meets Martin Martin falls over but when a defender meets Z it's the defender who's beaten onto his a@@, then Z runs off with the ball. That's a difference. 

You are living in cloud cuckoo land lol. 

43 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The centre halves were horrendous and got bullied from what I saw. It's Wassalls lad and Bateman right ?

5 goals conceded and most were pretty easy. What's others thoughts on our U23s defence ?

Lol. That Wassall and Cover were the centre halves, Bateman was in midfield.

19 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Players develop better generally speaking without pressure. When Martin was compared, he was at a stage of his career he was unlikely to develop a great deal more. Zanzala will perform better without you drooling over every touch of the ball he takes. Give the lad time and don't over hype him.

Also, this has absolutely zero relevance to Martin, but then again most points you make seem to lead back to Chris Martin. 

Archived