Free Agents

DCFC1388

9 minutes ago, ossieram said:

And if we lose another game the club and the free agent can be slagged off. The club for making desperate signings and the player for not being good enough or not our first choice or a reject.

If Gary Rowett does not anticipate making any more new signings before January, the first half of the season will look like the long and winding road.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Whats the solution then 

I can think of three possible solutions:

1. Sign a free agent, probably on big money who isn't match fit, and has to be a perfect compliment for what we've got.

2. Realise that we are a work in progress, that this is a season of transition, and hope that the next transfer window we can see more evolution.

3. Go and support another team that is already the finished article.

10 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

If Gary Rowett does not anticipate making any more new signings before January, the first half of the season will look like the long and winding road.

That's the way it pans out sometimes and the past few seasons should have taught us that panic signings are not the way to go.

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

I can think of three possible solutions:

1. Sign a free agent, probably on big money who isn't match fit, and has to be a perfect compliment for what we've got.

2. Realise that we are a work in progress, that this is a season of transition, and hope that the next transfer window we can see more evolution.

3. Go and support another team that is already the finished article.

Rich I wish somebody had told me that before I bought my season ticket  I was of the opinion it was for this season not next 

16 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Rich I wish somebody had told me that before I bought my season ticket  I was of the opinion it was for this season not next 

But surely you were told. A work in progress normally takes time. I'm sure that everyone at the club would take promotion this season if it were a possibility (I'm not trying to imply it's not possible), but I for one will be happy if in the winter window we can see definite signs of improvement, push on in the second half of the season, and with the summer window have the jigsaw 95% in place. So as I said, you were pretty well told before you bought your season ticket (unless you took up the early bird option ?).

4 hours ago, lrm14 said:

You mean patience is badly needed.

Patience is certainly needed, I just hope Gary Rowett will get enough time to build what he intended to build and Mel Morris will give him a little bit more of financial resources at disposal in order to achieve what he intends to achieve.

By looking at a disappointing result this Saturday I just thought he might still have a look at some of those Free Agents which are still available.

I myself tried to find out if there are some rumors related to DCFC, but there aren't any at the moment.

14 hours ago, lioncoeur said:

Patience is certainly needed, I just hope Gary Rowett will get enough time to build what he intended to build and Mel Morris will give him a little bit more of financial resources at disposal in order to achieve what he intends to achieve.

By looking at a disappointing result this Saturday I just thought he might still have a look at some of those Free Agents which are still available.

I myself tried to find out if there are some rumors related to DCFC, but there aren't any at the moment.

Yeah I was chatting to someone about the same thing and I think Ledley's name cropped up. Personally I'd rather we just worked with what we have until January and brace ourselves for this 'Jekyll and Hyde' Derby that seems to have developed. Anyone we get in on a free who is actually decent would cost a fortune and put us back in the situation of having a large, high earning squad.

Thorne coming back would be like a new signing but with his injury record we could gain and lose a new signing in the space of a few weeks.

We need a John Eustace ................. ...    and that isn't Thorne.      Might be worth trying Wisdom in the role ??   Needs some lateral thinking Gary. ...   and brave action.     No point in a settled side if it has settled into inconsistency.   Story of the last umpteen years. You said you knew the answers when you came. Now is the time to prove it.

On 11/09/2017 at 18:44, Ramet said:

Bird trust me is one to watch.biggest talent iv seen since hughes and in my opinion has all the attributes to be better may play tonite huge prospect 

Sounds like a prospect ,,, could he be the next ini nester 

Archived