Free Agents

DCFC1388

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With us potentially looking at free agents there is a complete list on the below - 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

A few centre mid's on there that would do a job for a season or 2, Jan Kirchhoff at 26 wouldn't be too bad along with the likes of Ledley or Mulumbu

Would take Kirchoff and Ledley - But suspect both are looking for higher league action somewhere

If we could get him for a year I would definitely take Flamini - May not be able to hack it for a team pushing the Premier League top 4 but I reckon he could do a job as backup for us

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I do wonder why Ledley didn't get picked up over the summer. He is clearly a cracking player at this level so it leads me to believe there must be some outrageous wage demands or he is simply nowhere near fit enough.

Having said that, with the lack of options available I would still like to see us sign him.

According to an article on Four Four Two's site, he's already turned down two offers from Championship clubs, so he's probably thinking he can still get a game higher up.  Which to be fair, he certainly can...  I'd snap your hand off at Kirchoff, but he's far too good for us, can imagine he'll be back in the Bundesliga before long.  I can only imagine they'd come a club like ours on a six month deal, to get fit and put themselves in the shop window...

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Would take Kirchoff and Ledley - But suspect both are looking for higher league action somewhere

If we could get him for a year I would definitely take Flamini - May not be able to hack it for a team pushing the Premier League top 4 but I reckon he could do a job as backup for us

Flamini is too busy saving the world to play football.

When you're signing free agents, you're also signing players that have had no pre season or anywhere near match fit. The last time Joe Ledley has played a full 90 minutes is the 28th January 2017. He's only played 3 club games since March 2016. Rest of his appearances have been for Wales playing around an hour.

Also......

Joe Ledley has turned down offers from two unnamed clubs in the Championship.

The Wales midfielder, who has 73 caps, has also had offers from Spain, Israel, China and Turkey.

"It doesn't bother me (playing in the Premier League) I have been there three-and-a-half-years so maybe a new challenge would be good," he said. "I have only just turned 30."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40933515

Begs the question why is he still a free agent?

Signing for signing sake. 

1 minute ago, David said:

When you're signing free agents, you're also signing players that have had no pre season or anywhere near match fit. The last time Joe Ledley has played a full 90 minutes is the 28th January 2017. He's only played 3 club games since March 2016. Rest of his appearances have been for Wales playing around an hour.

Also......

Forget about all that, since Bucko had a shave then left we have had a serious deficiency in the beard department. Get him signed whatever the cost.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Forget about all that, since Bucko had a shave then left we have had a serious deficiency in the beard department. Get him signed whatever the cost.

As beards go he would be an epic signing, can't help but feel it would be an expensive beard to have in the squad and would probably end up shaving it off the next day.

31 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Based on what? If you've seen all those hundreds of players enough to judge them we should get you on our scouting team.

Where did I say I've seen 'hundreds of players'? I meant the ones I've seen, which is about 5-10 players, don't look much good based on purely looking at their names and seeing where they've been released from + what they've done recently. Only Ledley stands out. 

18 minutes ago, David said:

I said for the whole transfer window that he probably thinks he's better than he is - He's waiting for someone from Serie A or La Liga to come in for him without considering they've probably never heard of him

Reckon he's had his head turned by agent talk and obviously thinks himself above the championship - Not the attitude Rowett seems to want in his players

Would be decent backup though

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Flamini has had a little scraggly beard at times! 

Sorry - I've gotten overly excited at the idea of signing him for some reason - Maybe it was watching Eranio videos the other day and knowing Flamini used to play for Milan...

Archived